Central Texas College advisory committees are one of the principal means of ensuring meaningful business and industry participation in program creation and revision. The broad purposes of an advisory committee are to:
- help document the need for the workforce education program, and
- ensure that the program has both adequate resources and a well designed curriculum to provide students with the skills, knowledge, and behaviors necessary to successfully meet the needs of business and industry.
Functions of Central Texas College's advisory committees include:
- evaluating the goals and objectives of the program curriculum;
- establishing workplace competencies for the program occupation(s);
- suggesting program revisions as needed;
- evaluating the adequacy of existing college facilities and equipment;
- advising college personnel on the selection and acquisition of new equipment;
- identifying local business/industry leaders who will provide students with external learning experiences, employment, and placement opportunities;
- assisting in the professional development of the faculty;
- assisting in promoting and publicizing the program to the community and to business and industry; and
- representing the needs of students from special populations.
Consolidated Membership List
Departmental Listing (Minutes)