Students interested in the MLT program will need to submit an Application Packet (found in the Student Handbook) to the MLT Office, located in Bldg. 150 (Science Center), Room 1114.
Contact us at (254) 526-1883 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours are:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The Student Handbook and application packet may be found on the CTC MLT website, or requested by email.
The Application Packet will include:
Alongside with the application packet, students will need:
BIOL 1406 is recommended for any student who has not completed a high school biology course prior to entering MLAB
CHEM 1406 is recommended for any student who has not completed a high school chemistry course. Students with previous college science credits will be exempt.
Based on the date of the application and after admission criteria have been met, up to twenty two (22) students are admitted to the MLAB 1470 courses. Maximum class size is based on available classroom, lab, and clinical seats at the time of enrollment. Enrollment in MLAB 1470 does not guarantee a position in the clinical courses of the program.
The student must complete the program within 4 calendar years of enrollment.
After complete applications have been received by the office, students will be required to attend a program orientation.
Advanced Placement, Transfer Students, and Experiential Learning
The transfer student must meet general admission requirements of CTC and DONAH.
· Paperwork must be on file with the Registrar’s office 90 days prior to the start date of the semester you are requesting entry. Your record will be on hold until all requirements listed above have been completed.
· Transfer students must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 to be admitted into the MLT Program.
· Transfer/Credits in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Math and MLAB) must be within 5 years of your enrollment date to count towards your degree. Science credits older than 5 years will not apply to the MLT degree plan, unless the student has completed a 2- or 4-year degree in the relevant field, in which case credits will be accepted within 5 years of completion of the relevant degree.
· Grades for all courses that are transferred in must be a “C” or better.
· Students must complete at least 25% of the semester credit hours at CTC to fulfill residency requirements
· Applicants will be evaluated on an individual basis by the MLT Program Director and DONAH faculty and administration
· Acknowledge that placement in the MLT program will be dependent upon space availability and recommendations from the Program Director and staff
· A letter granting transfer credit does not serve as acceptance into the CTC MLT program. All other DONAH General Admission Requirements must be met as well in order to be considered for full admission
· BIOL 1406 is recommended for any student who has not completed a high school biology course prior to entering the MLT Program
· CHEM 1406 is recommended for any student who has not completed a high school chemistry course prior to entering the MLT Program
· Experiential learning credit may be applied for and awarded according to the CTC Experiential Credit Policies and Procedures. Experiential learning credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Any experiential learning credit awarded applies only toward the MLT degree, and will not be converted into transferable credits.