Service Work Policy
- Students are not assigned to clinical experiences outside regular weekday shifts. It is noncompulsory outside of class hours, never used as staff replacement.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency prior to performing laboratory determinations.
- Students are supervised in the performance of laboratory determinations in a 1:1 or 1:2 clinical instructor to student ratio by competent personnel.
- Weekly contact by the program director to each clinical facility ensures students are being supervised and not substituted for regular qualified staff in the laboratory.
- Students may be employed in the clinical facilities outside regular educational hours.
- Employment of the students is the responsibility of the clinical facilities and should be voluntary, paid, and directly supervised.