The Central Texas College Police Academy (License Number: 511261) is designed to prepare the student to pass the basic peace officer licensing exam given by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Once a cadet successfully completes the academy, they will take the TCOLE Peace Officer Licensing Exam at the CTC testing center.
The Police Academy consists of:
- 33-plus topics ranging from three to 68 hours in length.
- Approximately one-third of the class is devoted to developing the physical skills required to become a peace officer.
The cadet has the opportunity to attend the Police Academy for college credits. Upon successful completion, the cadet can earn 23 college credit hours and a certificate of completion. These hours can be applied to the CTC Associate of Applied Science degree in Protective Service: Texas Peace Officer.
All cadets must be able to perform strenuous physical activities, as this is a requirement of the academy.
POLICE ACADEMY 2018 CALENDAR
POLICE ACADEMY REGISTRATION:
Full-time Basic Peace Officer Academy: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., 19 weeks, 720 hours.
- Next full-time Police Academy
- The next day-time police academy will begin June 18, 2018.
- Applications are now available! They are due no later than 12 p.m. on May 25, 2018
- Application Packet Link
- Our next day academy is currently FULL due to the amount of sponsored students. We are still accepting applications in case we have local law enforcement agencies who do not fill their expected positions.
- Once you have everything completed and all required paperwork, you must make an appointment with Chrissa Link (email@example.com) in order to turn in your paperwork.
- Incomplete paperwork will not reserve you a spot in the upcoming class.
The Extended Basic Peace Officer Academy (non-sponsored): Monday through Thursday, 6 – 10 p.m. and every other Saturday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 2018 Extended Basic Peace Officer Academy is January 16 - October 2018
- This course runs five, eight-week semesters.
- Next Extended Basic Peace Officer Academy starts January 2019
For further details please feel free to contact:
- Patrick Boone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cliff Osborne: email@example.com
- Chrissa Link: firstname.lastname@example.org