Only current CTC students and employees may access the databases from off-campus computers. Others may access the databases from the library on the CTC campus in Killeen, TX.
Set up your computer correctly
- Set your Microsoft IE security level defaults at "Medium"
- Turn off third-party pop-up blockers
- Turn off or reset your personal firewall
Enter your username/password correctly
- Follow instructions on the log-on page very carefully
- No slashes, no periods, no commas, no dashes
- Our server might be down
- The vendor's server might be down
- The maximum number of simultaneous users might have reached its limit
- You might need to clear your history/cache
- You might be using a computer that's behind a firewall (e.g., BlackBoard, military, school districts, businesses)
- AOL.com isn't compatible with our server - minimize the AOL page, then access Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer from your desktop
- Some high-speed accelerators aren't compatible with our server
- Did you enter the last six of your SSN?
- Did you enter your birth date as mmddyy?
- Did you enter your initials in username and password?
- Did you capitalize your initials?
- If your name is hyphenated, a data entry clerk may have entered it without the hyphen. Try the name before the hyphen, then try the name after the hyphen
- If you've just registered/been employed, your name may not have been included in the last download to the log-in software - wait 24 hours and try again
- Some databases require Adobe Acrobat Reader - free download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Need more help?: Ask a Librarian