Mission Statement: In keeping with the mission of the Hobby Memorial Library, the purpose of the TLC is to help students achieve success by providing an environment to develop information literacy competencies.
The Teaching Learning Center is for students to get assistance on all aspects of research and paper writing. Come see us during our drop-in hours or check the schedule for ongoing seminars and workshops offered virtually and in person.
Drop-in hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 3:30-5:30 p.m.
The Teaching Learning Center is located on the second floor of the library in the west wing, Room 202A
- Provide training in writing research papers
- Proper citation formats (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian)
- Avoiding plagiarism and copyright issues
- In-depth, one-on-one seminars. To request an appointment, email Teaching.Learning@ctcd.edu
Research Assistance and Paper Review Service (RAPRS)
- Research paper guidance, direction and information
- Reviewing of papers – final draft version in MS Word format
Other Writing Assistance Available at Central Texas College
- The Online Writing lab is only available through blackboard. To use the writing lab:
- Select the Organizations and Tutoring tab at the top of Blackboard.
- Select Tutoring from the list under Organization Catalog.
- Select Enroll using the drop-down menu next to ENGLISHTUTOR (The Writing Lab). (Do not click on the link for ENGLISHTUTOR. You MUST select Enroll from the drop-down menu.)
- Select Submit on the Self Enrollment page.
- The Central Texas College Academic Studio provides tutoring services, academic advising, information and resource referrals and study skills workshops.