College Now/Dual Credit

  • Save thousands of dollars on tuition alone
  • Transfer up to 36 hours to the 4-year college of your choice
  • Ease into college with small classes and more personal atmosphere

You can get a jump on college after you've completed your sophomore year of high school by enrolling in dual or concurrent credit courses.

Dual credit courses are college courses that also count toward high school requirements. Concurrent courses are college courses taken by a student outside of high school hours.

How Do I Get Started?

Use the following checklist to guide you through the early admission process.

  1. Meet with your high school counselor to determine which courses will fit in your schedule and graduation plan. You will be provided a checklist to complete and return to your high school counselor.

  2. Complete CTC Application
    CTC Application <<VIEW SAMPLE COPY
    Fill out completely to ensure there are no blanks and it is signed and dated.

  3. Complete Early Admissions Application link: Download Adobe Acrobat
    Early Admissions Application <<VIEW SAMPLE COPY
    Fill out completely including signatures from a parent and a school official (i.e.; principal, counselor, registrar).

  4. Submit an unofficial copy of transcript with the application. Request an official transcript be sent to:
    Central Texas College
    ATTN: Admissions
    P.O. Box 1800
    Killeen, TX 76540

  5. Complete the Class Registration Formlink: Download Adobe Acrobat
    Class Registration Form << VIEW SAMPLE COPYlink: Download Adobe Acrobat

  6. Complete the Dual Credit Release of Information Formlink: Download Adobe Acrobat.
    Dual Credit Release of Information Form <<VIEW SAMPLE COPY

  7. Submit district forms--from your high school Counselors' Office

  8. Submit 11th grade TAKS scores, if you have them. Submit ACCUPLACER, SAT, ACT, or THEA score if you have taken any of these tests. If you have not taken any of the listed tests, you must take an ASSET test. If testing is not available at your school, walk-in testing is available at CTC.

  9. Turn in forms to your high school counselor for dual credit that you will take on your high school campus. For summer courses or other CTC courses, make an appointment with a counselor after you have forms signed by your high school counselor.