Central Texas College

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Question: Does my employee number change due to a job change?
Answer: No, the number will remain the same.

2. Question: What are the times and dates for inprocessing?
Answer: Every Monday, the first and the 16th of the month at 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Note: inprocessing is scheduled by appointment only.

3. Question: What do I need to bring when I In-process?
Answer: Two forms of identifications: one picture ID (i.e. drivers license or military ID, school ID, U.S. passport (unexpired)) and one that establishes employment eligibility (i.e. Social Security card, birth certificate (original or certified copy), U.S citizen ID card (INS Form I-197) IF APPICABLE, ID card for use of resident citizen in the U.S (INS Form I-197) IF APPICABLE, certificate of U.S. citizenship (INS Form N-55\60 or N-561) IF APPICABLE).

4. Question: Can I review my personnel file?
Answer: Yes, all employees may view their own personnel file. Note: for your safety and the safety of Central Texas College, no one may look at any other employees' personnel file if they are not the employees' direct or potential supervisor.

Yes, you may also obtain copies from your file such as copies of applications, resumes, transcripts, performance evaluations, part-time employment agreements and personal status forms.

5. Question: Who do I contact about Family Medical Leave (FMLA)?
Answer: Contact Shelly Gonsalves, assistant director of Human Resource Management, at 254-526-1304.

6. Question: What are the requirements for me to be eligible for FMLA?
Answer: An employee must be employed by Central Texas College for a total of one year in the last seven years and have worked at least 1,250 hours in the last 12 months. 

7. Question: What are the reasons for which I can use FMLA leave?
Answer: You may request FMLA for the following reasons:
Birth of a son or daughter of the employee and in order to care for such son or daughter; placement of a son or daughter with employee for adoption or foster care; in order to care for spouse, child or parent ("cover relation") with a serious health condition; because of my own serious health condition which makes me unable to perform the functions of my position.

8. Question: What forms do I need in order to request FMLA?
Answer: You may obtain all FMLA forms from Shelly Gonsalves, assistant director of Human Resource Management, or from the CTCD website.

9. Question: Who do I call if I need an employment verification?
Answer: You may call 254-526-1562 or email Sue Hall at sue.hall@ctcd.edu. For more information, see Employment Verification.