Risk Management is Central Texas College District's (CTCD) single point of contact for reporting workers' compensation claims, publicizing safety issues and obtaining and maintaining insurance. This includes all CTC sites. Risk Management provides legal representation to CTCD and is responsible for administering CTCD's driver safety program and employee wellness program. Audits are conducted periodically and as required by CTCD's insurance carriers.
- Workers' Compensation - is a no-cost benefit to all full- and part-time employees who suffer an on-the-job illness or injury. CTCD Safety Policies 400-415 describe CTCD and employee responsibilities and rights relating to workers' compensation benefits. Employees are required to contact Risk Management immediately should they suffer any work-related illness/injury or to address issues concerning procedures and coverage.
Safety - Risk Management addresses and provides training relating to safety and health issues including fire drills, emergency procedures and ergonomics. If you observe any unsafe conditions or situations on campus, please report it to our office. Risk Management also oversees the Building Coordinators and conducts quarterly safety training open to all employees.
- Insurance - Certificates of insurance and waivers of liability can be obtained through Risk Management as needed for CTCD-sponsored events. Should a vendor, individual or group be invited to campus for a presentation or event, please contact Risk Management for our insurance requirements that must be met prior to the event.
- Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) - All CTCD employees who drive either a CTC vehicle or their own personal vehicle in furtherance of their duties must first establish a 'clean' driving record though an MVR. Please come to Risk Management with your current driver's license for a no-cost MVR before requesting to drive on behalf of CTCD. Employees who are not on the approved CTCD driver list are not eligible to drive any vehicle while performing duties for CTCD. See Safety Policy 145.
- Legal - The director of Risk Management represents and provides legal advice to CTCD. Legal questions or concerns relating to CTCD may be directed to the director.
- Wellness Fair and Fitness Challenge - Risk Management sponsors and promotes the annual Fitness Challenge and Wellness Fair which are held in the spring semester on central campus. The events offer free classes, trophies and prizes all designed to make fitness and wellness a way of life at CTCD.
Refer to the 2012 Safety Policies & Procedures Manual for more information regarding CTCD's safety polices, MVR requirements, workers' compensation policies and more.
RISK MANAGEMENT FORMS
Please see Risk Management section on Faculty & Staff Forms.
- Safety Policies & Procedures Manual (2012)
- H1N1 Flu Information
- CTC Walk Map
- Safety Poster (12"W x 18H")
VIDEOS and PRESENTATIONS
**Accessible from CTC central campus only