The Central Texas College District has a governing board consisting of seven trustees and is managed by a chancellor and four executive officers.
In 1965, the citizens of Central Texas joined together to authorize the building of a community college that would serve the western section of Bell County; Burnet, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Mills and San Saba counties; portions of McCulloch and Williamson counties; as well as Fort Hood and the state correctional facilities in Gatesville. The campus was constructed on 560 acres of land donated by Fort Hood through the Department of Education and with funds supplied through a local $2 million bond issue.
- Mission and Purpose
Mission: Central Texas College’s accessible education supports student success and employability.
Vision: Central Texas College fulfills the needs of our global community through engaging and innovative education.
- Report to the Community 2014
Our annual report is published each spring and covers the previous academic and fiscal year.
Central Texas College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and certificates of completion. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Central Texas College.
- Financial Information
Financial information, including annual operating budget, investment disclosure and other documents related to college financial management.