Parking Permits - Student and Staff Requirements
CTC Students (full or part-time, on-line and Fort Hood ) are NO LONGER required to register their vehicles to park on campus and obtain parking permits. Students may park in any of several parking lots across CTC main campus without a permit. Numbered or parking spots marked “Reserved,” “Maintenance,” or “Official Use Only” are restricted to use by faculty and staff or special permit holders only, during normal business hours. From 6pm to 6am daily, and all day Saturday and Sunday, reserved parking spots are available for use by all faculty, staff, students, and visitors on main campus. Parking spots marked “Official” or “Official Use Only” require a special permit at all times.
Faculty and Staff Only
All faculty and staff members, including Adjunct Faculty members, are required to obtain a parking permit for any vehicle they drive and park on campus. State vehicle registration documents, current CTC ID card, and a valid driver's license are required to register a vehicle to park on campus. Parking permits are issued at no charge; however failing to display a faculty/staff/adjunct parking permit can result in a $25 fine.
Faculty and Staff should:
1. Register all their vehicle(s) with the CTC Police Department (permits are free).
2. Properly display and affix the parking permit to the vehicle as designed.
3. Become familiar with and abide by parking and traffic regulations on campus.
4. Report any temporarily disabled vehicle to the campus police office.
5. Obtain a temporary parking permit when using a temporary means of transportation such as a rental car.
Display of Parking Permit:
Parking permits shall be placed on the outside lower-left corner of the vehicle's rear window, clearly visible to the officer and not obstructed. Motorcycles shall display the parking permit on the front fork or windshield of the vehicle. Parking permits are not transferable from one vehicle to another.
Permits are available anytime during normal business hours at the CTC Police Department, Building 137.