Navy Getting Started
Thank you for your interest in Central Texas College.
- HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION: www.ctcd.edu
- Click the "Students" tab
- Click on "Prospective Students"
- Click on "how to Enroll"
- Choose Either "Texas Students" (if you have any ties to this option) or "Non-Texas Residents"
- Select "Apply for Admissions"
- Apply yourself
- Click "Create Account"
- SUBMIT ALL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS FROM FORMER COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIESAND JOINT SERVICES TRANSCRIPT (JST) to:
o Central Texas College
ATTN: Incoming Transcripts PO Box 1800
Killeen, TX 76540-1800
If you choose CTC as your host college, your military evaluation will be completed prior to the end of your second class. In order to process your evaluation, your JST; Joint Services Transcript (jst.doded.mil) and official transcripts from previous colleges attended must be received by CTC.
- HAVE A DEGREE PLAN ON RECORD. Browse over 100 degree plans available through CTC on the CTC website. Navy Tuition Assistance policy requires Navy members to have a current degree plan uploaded to their electronic education record.
- SEARCH FOR CLASSES:
- Log into WebAdvisor ( Top right of screen above the Search button)
- Click "Log In"
- First Time Users
- Your user id is the letter 'c' (lowercase) + your 7 digit CTC ID. Example: c7894561
+ Your initial password will be your date of birth (THIS IS GOOD ONLY FOR VERY FIRST TIME USERS) (ex: mmddyy).
- You will be brought to a screen that will state that your password has expired. At this point, you will create your password.
- Scroll down to Registration
- Click "Register for sections" ***NOTE: Submit your TA request prior to registering for a class, then forward the "Approved" TA request to your Central Texas College Site Director to ensure you are properly coded in the database. You will be automatically dropped out of a course within 24 hours if you have not paid for the course or been coded with the proper TA control number***
- Click the "Class Search" radio button
- Click "Description of each field" and "Search Examples" links for assistance
- Fill in the fields to search the Course Schedule for classes that meet your search criteria and click "Search"
- The Class Search Results screen displays the classes that meet your search criteria
- If TA does not cover the entire cost of the class, you may be responsible for a portion of the cost
- The "View Results" screen displays with the status of your enrollment request. If the Status column shows " Success" your enrolment request is submitted successfully, pending final approval from the college. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment
- HOW TO AVOID CLASS REJECTIONS
The most common error in class enrollment is selection of the wrong section. To avoid this type of rejection:
- Ensure that the section selected corresponds to the tuition rate applicable to your physical location. Contact your site representative, refer to the first Jetter of the section n umber or log onto the class number search page (links) on the CTC website.
- ONCE ENROLLED
You will receive access to your course within 72 hours prior to start date. Work with your teacher, or utilize the Online Mentors for any issues with online classes. They can be emailed at: onlinc.rncntors ([!)ctcd .cclu
FOR NAVY THERE ARE FOUR STEPS YOU MUST COMPLETE BEFORE WebTA WILL LIST YOU AS ELIGIBLE:
STEP 1-Go to https://www.navycollege.navy.mil
- Top center of the pager that reads Tuition Assistance Information - hover your cursor over this to expand the drop-down menu
- Move your cursor down lo where it reads Web TA Training - click to open and complete the training
- Once completed, please provide a copy of the certificate via email/fax (452-8704) to Navy College
STEP 2 - Contact Navy College at 452-4510, Ext 1 to set up a counseling appointment and help you select your degree options, select a college, & plan.
STEP 3 - Send/Bring in a copy of your degree plan from your school (listing of classes to be completed in your degree) to your Navy College Office.
STEP 4 - Once the TA Training, Counseling, & degree plan is loaded in NCMIS, WebTA will show you as "eligible" and you will be able lo complete your WebTA request. This is accomplished by going to
https://www.navycollege.navy.mil and selecting "My Education" in the blue bar at the top of the screen. This opens a pop up box that lists WebTA as the first option where actually complete your tuition request. Submit your approved tuition assistance request to your CTC Representative prior to class start-date.
Remember to apply for a Pell Grant (Federal Student Financial Aid) at: www.fafsa.gov
Enjoy your classes and thank you for choosing Central Texas College! !!
502 West D. Ave, Room 108