Checklist to get started
- If you are interested in distance education classes, please ask for a schedule in the office. These classes begin each month and you must register 12 days prior to the start of classes.
- Complete a registration form: Each term, you must complete a registration form where you will list the courses in which you wish to enroll. You must return the form to our office, either in person or via fax, by the deadline that is posted on the schedule. The earlier you register the better.
- When completing the registration form, here are a few helpful hints.
- The "Location Code" is the site on which the class will be held (CPOLK = Fort Polk, DL = Online).
- "Course Synonym Number" is the 5 digit number to the far left of each course.
- "Course Name" is the 4 letter pneumonic indicating the course subject (i.e. MATH, HIST, BIOL).
- "Course Number" is the 4 digit number that appears after the course name (i.e. 1301, 1414, 2301).
- Payment is due upon registration: You must pay for your course(s) when you submit your registration form. If you are paying by credit card, you must come to our office to submit your payment.
- If you are using Tuition Assistance (TA), you must present us with a copy of that TA at the time of registration.
- If you are using Financial Aid, please note that at the top of your registration form. Be sure that you have completed all appropriate paperwork to receive your financial aid before you register.
- If you are the recipient of a scholarship (such as TEACH), please note that at the top of your registration form. You must complete all appropriate paperwork with the awarding organization prior to registration at CTC.
- If you are using VA benefits, please provide us with a copy of your VA adward letter.