Guidance and Counseling
The Guidance and Counseling department anticipates the needs of our diverse student population and supports students in setting and achieving academic goals. Whether you are seeking a certificate, an associate degree or are on your way to a four-year degree granting institution, the Guidance and Counseling department will provide you with all the correct answers you seek or point you in the right direction. Our well-educated, highly-skilled and committed Guidance Counselors are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need while at CTC.
Academic advisors are available to meet with you throughout the year - not just at registration time. It's a good idea to meet with an advisor before the beginning of registration for the term you plan to enroll. New students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for courses.
We are available on a walk-in basis for prospective and current students; however, appointments may be made during non-registration times.
Appointments must be scheduled at least one business day in advance and are not available during active registration periods.
Please use the links to the left to navigate.
Guidance and Counseling assists students to:
- Answer general questions about your education
- Explore different career fields and CTC degree/certificate options
- Assist with academic planning and goal-setting
- Help you develop a degree/certificate plan
- Talk to you about academic progress
- Help you improve your study skills and handle difficulties you may have in your coursework
- Discuss transferring both to and from CTC
- Advise on TSI and interpret test results
- Assist with scheduling
- Refer to campus and community resources
- Advise on the ESL program
- Provide information on nursing program requirements