- NURSING LINKS:
If not already installed on your computer, you may download Adobe Reader free of charge.
Programs of Study
- DON Retention Counseling Resources
The Department of Nursing (DON) has three programs:
Nursing Associates's DegreeNursing Associate Degree
- LVN Transition
- Paramedic to A.D.N.
- Effective Fall 2012, Nursing Option for Articulating Student (LVN Transition and Paramedic to A.D.N. will no longer be available).
Vocational NursingVocational Nursing Established in 1975. One year in length. The goal is to prepare graduates who are able to become Licensed Vocational Nurses by passing the NCLEX-PN.
| VN Student Handbook | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Advanced EMT / Paramedic
The Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756; Phone: 727-210-2350 through recommendation from the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) 4101 West Green Oaks Blvd., Suite 305-599, Arlington, TX 76016; (817) 283.9403), www.coaemsp.org
Other health services professional fields of study available at CTC include:
- Health Information Mgmt
- Mental Health Services
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Lab Technician
Admission & Registration Information
- More Admissions Information . . .
- Application for Admission to CTC
- DON Transfer Credit Checklist
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- CLIA Waived 11-Panel Drug Test
- If you have questions about your eligibility to enter the A.D.N. or VN program, please refer to the Texas Board of Nursing document PETITION FOR DECLARATORY ORDER, found at: http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/pdfs/DOapp.pdf
Useful External Links
- Texas Board of Nursing (TBON)
- NCSBN (National Council of State Boards of Nursing)
- ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.) (formerly NLNAC)
- Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- Nursing Job Resource Center