Cloud Computing Architecture
Cloud Computing Architecture is an AWS Academy curriculum designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, hands-on labs and project work.
(12 meetings) (3 CEUs)
Oct 2-Nov 8 M/W 6-8:30 pm
Prerequisites: Cloud Computing Architecture requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills. You must be at least 17 years old.
Materials: Students will be required to have a laptop/computer with access to the internet. You will have access to course manuals, online knowledge assessments, labs, a free practice certification exam.
(Optional) Students can use the following textbook to further enhance their knowledge of the AWS Solution Architect Certification. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam ISBN-13: 978-1119138556
Examination: Upon successful completion of the AWS Academy Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum, students get access to vouchers for a free practice exam and discounted AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam. AWS Certifications recognize individuals with the technical skills and expertise to design, deploy, and operate applications and operations on AWS. The examination is not offered as a part of the class. Students are responsible for their own exam registration and payment for the examination.
Who should attend this course?
This class is for IT practitioners who desire to learn more about cloud computing in AWS.
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms