Project Management Certificate
Enter the workforce with competitive project management skills or strengthen your business expertise and professional resume with a Project Management (PM) certificate. PM is one of the most rapidly growing professions in America and certified project management skills are now required by many companies. Become the highly effective member any company would want on their project management team in this 40-hour accelerated certificate course by learning how to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects. Upon completion, you will be able to demonstrate you have the education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects. For those who are planning to take PMI®’s CAPM® or PMP® exams, this course provides the education hours needed to qualify for the exam. Four practice tests and a resource page will be given out during class. (10 meetings) (4 CEUs, 40 PDUs)
Jan 31-Mar 7 M/W 6-10 pm
Apr 30-Jun 4 M/W 6-10 pm
PMP® Exam Boot Camp
PMP-certified project managers earn an average of 20 percent more than their uncertified counterparts. Therefore, the PMP certification is a must-have for any serious project manager. To earn your PMP® credential, you must meet the experience and education requirements plus pass the 200-question, multiple-choice PMP® examination. Regardless of how advanced your project management experience or education might be you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. In this class, you will review test-relevant material, complete practice exercises, receive a four-hour take home exam that can be taken multiple times and receive a valuable resource page. (9 meetings) (3.5 CEUs, 35 PDUs)
Mar 19-Apr 16 M/W 6-10 pm
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Microsoft software and have access to a computer.
Examination: The examination is not offered as a part of the class. Students are responsible for their own exam registration and payment for the examination.
Materials: There are two required textbooks. Contact the CTC Continuing Education department for current textbooks.
Contact hours: This is directly applicable to the educational credits required for the PMP certification.
- Project Management Certificate: 40 contact hours, 4 CEUs, 40 PDUs
- PMP® Exam Boot Camp: 35 contact hours, 3.5 CEUs, 35 PDUs
Preparation: Students are asked to preview the material in advance of the class session
Who should attend this course?
This class is designed to help intermediate to advanced skilled project managers prepare themselves to take the Project Management Professional (PMP ©) certification examination offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI ©)
- Project coordinators, supervisors, current ops managers, developers
- Project managers juniors
- Someone who just started the project management profession
- Someone who needs to understand the project management terminology according to PMBOK and PMI standards and procedures.
- Someone who wants to apply for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification.
- Someone who wants to apply for the Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM®) Certification.
- Someone who wants to earn PDUs for both the PMP and CAPM certifications for PMI compliance.
- Or anyone who had some previous project/program management experiences.