College for Kids
College for Kids!
Age 3-16 years old
June through August
College for Kids is our summer enrichment program packed with hands-on experiences that will encourage kids to try new things, explore and discover hidden talents. The courses are designed to be fun and include lots of hands-on learning activities. Early registration is strongly recommended since classes often fill up early. Most courses have limited space in order to maximize the positive learning effects of a concentrated teacher-student ratio. As always, you may register your child at any time until the first day of class; however, early registration helps ensure your child gets into his or her class of choice. A signed waiver must accompany the registration form.
Check out our schedule!
For the safety of students:
- Classes include an instructor, and instructor aide in classes with a larger instructor: student ratio.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each child to his or her classroom.
- Please be on time to pick up your child after class. Do not park in parking spaces marked “reserved” or “official use only” throughout campus.
- Students are not permitted to walk across campus unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Send a snack or money for a snack with your child (especially for classes longer than two hours).
- Dress children in appropriate clothing depending on the nature of the class.
- Apply sunscreen for classes that include an outdoor component.
Bring the kids to have fun with science! Every month, we focus on a different science-related theme. The program includes a two-hour hands-on class followed by a show at the Mayborn Science Theater.
Check back soon for upcoming classes!