College for Kids
Fill your child’s summer with learning and fun!
Saturday, April 28, from 9 am-noon
Information and Registration for College for Kids Program at Central Texas College Continuing Education, Bldg. 136.
Meet the staff and instructors, tour the facilities and register for College for Kids classes early. Instructors will give hands-on demonstrations throughout the entire event. This event is free and open to the public of all ages.
College for Kids!
Age 3-16 years old
June through August
Summer 2018 promises to be full of fun and exciting learning experiences offering both new courses and old favorites alike. Kids will have the opportunity to try new things, explore and discover talents they never knew they had by using a hands on learning approach. We have courses in engineering, cooking, arts and crafts, computers & gaming and more. Whether your child would like to build a robot or learn a new language, jump in and experience College for Kids at CTC!
College for Kids is our summer enrichment program packed with hands-on experiences that will encourage kids to try new things, explore and discover hidden talents. The courses are designed to be fun and include lots of hands-on learning activities. Early registration is strongly recommended since classes often fill up early. Most courses have limited space in order to maximize the positive learning effects of a concentrated teacher-student ratio. As always, you may register your child at any time until the first day of class; however, early registration helps ensure your child gets into his or her class of choice. A signed waiver must accompany the registration form.
For the safety of students:
- Classes include an instructor, and instructor aide in classes with a larger instructor: student ratio.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each child to his or her classroom.
- Please be on time to pick up your child after class. Do not park in parking spaces marked “reserved” or “official use only” throughout campus.
- Students are not permitted to walk across campus unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Send a snack or money for a snack with your child (especially for classes longer than two hours).
- Dress children in appropriate clothing depending on the nature of the class.
- Apply sunscreen for classes that include an outdoor component.
Bring the kids to have fun with science! Every month, we focus on a different science-related theme. The program includes a two-hour hands-on class followed by a show at the Mayborn Science Theater.
1 - 4 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month
Price: $39 per child
Age: 6-12 years
Camp Geek is presented through a partnership between Continuing Education and the Mayborn Science Theater.
Check back soon for upcoming classes!
For more information, call 254-526-1586.