Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the most commonly asked Continuing Education questions are listed here. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us.
- When can I register?
- What are entrance requirements?
- How do I register?
- How do I document my courses for my employer?
- Where are classes held?
- What about parking?
- What if a class is full?
- Where's my teacher?
- What happens with my class if campus is closed because of the bad weather or an emergency?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do I pay for my class?
- What are CEUs?
Q: When can I register?
A: You may register for a class as soon as the course catalog is available. We highly recommend you register and pay for a class a minimum of three business days before the class start date.
Q: What are entrance requirements?
A: Our classes are open to the general public. There are no entrance requirements for personal enrichment courses; however, some classes may have prerequisites. Many of our career training courses have entrance requirement. Please contact our office to enquire.
Q: How do I register?
A: You may register by phone, fax, mail or in person. We no longer accept cash or checks.
- By phone: call 254-526-1586 and register with a credit or debit card.
- By fax: fax a completed registration form to 254-526-1600 with a credit or debit card number and expiration date.
- CTC Continuing Education: mail a completed registration form with payment information to:
CTC Accounts Receivable/CE
P.O. Box 1800
Killeen, TX 76540-1800
- In person: register at CTC, Bldg 136, Room 139. Our office is open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 - 11 a.m.
Q: How do I document my courses for my employer?
A: Certificates of completion and Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are given for many of our courses. You may request a certificate of completion for each course or a transcript of all the classes you have taken.
Q: Where are classes held?
A: Most of the classes are held at the central campus of Central Texas College. The class location will be listed on your receipt. Classes meeting off-campus are noted in the course catalog.
Q: What about parking?
A: Parking permits will be issued to those students who are registered in our classes. Be sure to display it prominently on the driver's side dashboard. Do not park in restricted or reserved parking places. You will be ticketed.
Q: What if a class is full?
A: You may register for a class any time before the first class meeting. However, it's a good idea to sign up early. Class sizes are limited! If the class you want to take is full, ask to be placed on a waiting list. Then, if an opening occurs, we will call you.
A: If a class is unexpectedly canceled, we make every effort to call or e-mail you. Please make sure we have your correct contact information. If a cancellation happens on short notice, we post a sign at your class notifying you. The class will be rescheduled.
A: If campus is closed, your class will be canceled and rescheduled. We encourage you to sign up for emergency text alerts via e2Campus on web advisor. If you are not signed up for text alerts, you may call the inclement weather line at 254-501-3100, or check CTC’s website.
A: No tuition refunds will be made except in cases of course cancellation or official withdrawal from a course. The refund policy for non-credit courses is as follows:
- All refunds will be processed based on the date the withdrawal is filed in our office.
- For courses that meet for more than one class session, refunds of 100 percent tuition and fees will be processed for students withdrawing before the second class meeting.
- For courses that meet for only one class session, refunds of 100 percent will be made only if the application for refund/withdrawal is filed with the our office before the beginning of class.
- Emergency withdrawal will be considered filed as of the date of the emergency. You must withdraw from the course and submit written proof of emergency (such as military emergency leave orders or medical certification of family emergency). Refunds under emergency conditions will follow the schedule above.
- Any exception to the above policy will require approval of the appropriate campus dean as well as the school's bursar.
Q: How do I pay for my class?
A: Payment options are by credit or debit card. Payment, along with social security number and date of birth for each student registering is always due at registration.
Q: What are CEUs?
A: CEUs are nationally recognized to record satisfactory completion of certain approved occupationally-related programs. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours of instruction included in a specified continuing education program or activity. Successful completion is attendance-based unless otherwise noted. Ninety percent attendance is required for successful completion of most classes. Some classes require 100 percent attendance.