Certified Nurse Aide
This 116-hour course includes 68 hours of classroom instruction (including skills lab) and 48 hours of clinical practice in a long term care facility. Training will provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities essential for providing basic care to long term care residents. (Total 116 hours)
Enrollment Open Now!
Evening Schedule Begins: April 17th
Course Fee: $995 fee covers classroom consumable supplies, clinical insurance and certificate of completion.
Financial Assistance: Students with a need for financial assistance may contact Sallie Mae for a loan. There is also a parent-initiated loan option available with Sallie Mae. We are listed as CTCD-Continuing Education on the Sallie Mae site, school code 00400398. Students who qualify may use MyCAA benefits. Contact MyCAA to see if you qualify. Please contact Continuing Education for information about paying for class using our installment plan.
Starting Pay: Starting pay $9-12 per hour. Health services are one of the largest industries in the country with about 11.3 million jobs. Population trends show significant growth in the number of older Americans.
Certification: Upon successful completion, graduates will receive a certificate of completion within 2-3 weeks after class ends. Additionally, graduates will be qualified to take the required state exam.
Schedule: The classes are held on the CTC Killeen Central Campus.
Program Requirements: Students must be 18 years of age at the time of enrollment. Students need competency in basic computer operations and will be required to have access to the internet, printing capabilities and an email address. Application packets must include:
- High school diploma/transcript or G.E.D or official transcripts of higher education.
- Proof of completion of CPR for the Healthcare Provider course.
- Two references (relatives may not be used) must be completed on Continuing Education forms.
- Negative state criminal background check: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/Signup/PublicSite/CriminalHistory/Index.aspx?CreateNewUser=False
- A completed a physical examination using the CTC Continuing Education form.
- Proof of current immunizations to include tetanus/diphtheria (every 10 years), polio, measles, mumps (all students born on or after 1-1-57 must show proof of two doses of measles vaccine administered on or after their first birthday and at least 30 days apart; one dose of mumps vaccine after the first birthday; or immunity to measles and mumps), rubella, hepatitis B, PPD (must be completed within the 90-day period immediately prior or the program start date), varicella (a written statement from a physician, the student’s parent or guardian or school nurse supporting a history of varicella is acceptable) and influenza.
To view a comprehensive description of Continuing Education's Certified Nurse Aide program, view the Program Summary. For additional information or to register for the program, contact us at 254-526-1586.