Clinical Medical Assistant
A clinical medical assistant works in a physician's office or clinic setting and helps the physician carry out procedures, care for patients, perform basic lab tests and administer medications. This course consists of 280 hours of accelerated classroom training with emphasis on skills mastery through hands-on practice and supervision and a 40-hour clinical. (Total 320 hours)
Enrollment Open Now!
Evening schedule begins: September 5, 2017
Day schedule begins: October 23, 2017
Course fee: $2,495 which includes consumable supplies, clinical insurance, name tag and course completion certificate.
Financial assistance: Students with a need for financial assistance may contact Sallie Mae for a student loan. There is also a parent-initiated loan option available with Sallie Mae. We are listed as CTCD-Continuing Education on the Sallie Mae site, school code 00400398. Students who qualify may use MyCAA benefits. Contact MyCAA to see if you qualify. Please contact Continuing Education for information about paying for class using our installment plan.
Starting pay: $10-16 per hour. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment of medical assistants is expected to increase more than 29 percent through the year 2022.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course and clinical, students will receive a certificate of completion. Additionally, students will qualify to take an optional certification examination offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Schedule: Classes are held at the CTC central campus in Killeen and are taught at an accelerated pace. Schedules may vary when taught in the college service area.
Program requirements: Students must be 18 years of age at the time of enrollment. Students need competency in basic computer operations and will be required to have access to the internet, printing capabilities and an email address. Application packets must include:
- High school diploma/transcript or G.E.D or official transcripts of higher education.
- Proof of completion of CPR for the Healthcare Provider course that is good for the life of the program.
- Two references (relatives may not be used) must be completed on Continuing Education forms.
- Negative state criminal background check: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/Signup/PublicSite/CriminalHistory/Index.aspx?CreateNewUser=False
- A completed physical examination using the CTC Continuing Education form.
- Proof of current immunizations including tetanus/diphtheria (every 10 years), polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B series, PPD (must be completed within the 90-day period immediately prior or the program start date), varicella (a written statement from a physician, the student’s parent or guardian or school nurse supporting a history of varicella is acceptable) and influenza.
- 11-panel drug screen
To view a comprehensive description of Continuing Education's Clinical Medical Assistant Program, see our Program Summary. For additional information or to register for the program, contact us at 254-526-1586.