Class Attendance and Course Progress
Regular and punctual class attendance at all scheduled classes is expected. Each faculty member will inform students of the attendance policy and the course objectives at the initial class meeting.
• Students are required to be in class on time. Instructors may choose to lower a student’s grade because of tardiness. Excessive tardiness is disruptive to the educational process and may result in disciplinary action. Due process and the right to appeal will be provided to students subject to disciplinary action.
• Only instructors can authorize an excused absence. Regardless of the reason for the absence, the student is responsible for completing all coursework covered during any absence.
• Failure to meet the attendance requirements in a course may result in a lower grade or failure in the course.
• An instructor may initiate an administrative withdrawal if a student fails to meet the attendance requirements or is not making satisfactory progress toward the course objectives. The instructor may assign a grade of “FN” or “XN” at the time of the administrative withdrawal.
• Students enrolled in distance learning courses are expected to maintain constant progress throughout the course. Failure to do so may result in the student being administratively withdrawn by the instructor.