Note: Payment is due at the time of registration or you risk being dropped from class.
Hours of Operation
Monday- Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Online (WebAdvisor) - view instructions for accessing and using the new Student Finance Self-Service screens
- Walk-In to your local Business Office
- Call the Business Office at (254) 526-1217/1299
Accepted forms of Payment:
- Cashiers Check
- Money Order
- Credit Card (Debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo will be processed as a credit card)
- Personal Check made payable to CTC
- All checks must have driver's license number/state ID and state of the check writer as well as student ID if applicable. Checks from a business must have the driver's license of or state ID number of the person signing the check. International students must also provide a driver's license number or state ID number.
- No temporary checks will be accepted.
- Checks from individuals or businesses will no longer be accepted after having issued an NSF check.
- All returned checks will be assessed returned check fees in the maximum amount as allowed by state law(s). This is currently $30 and is subject to change at any time.
- If a check is received in the mail and does not include the required information, we will contact the check writer to request the missing items needed. If the check writer does not want to provide that information, we will return the check to the writer. If the check was to pay tuition/fees, students risk being dropped from class if other payment arrangements are not made.
- CTC will not accept check or credit card payments for a returned check. Only cash, money order, or cashier's checks will be accepted for payment on a returned check.
- Once a check is returned unpaid to CTC, the individual or business has 10 days to remit payment to CTC before being forwarded to the County Attorney's office for collection. Checks deposited outside of Texas will be submitted to a collection company and may incur percentage-based fees.
- Sponsor Payments:
- CTC will accept tuition assistance (sponsor) agreements in lieu of payment at time of registration.
- Students will be responsible for all amounts owed if sponsoring agency does not remit payment in full.
- Students will be responsible for providing CTC with the appropriate tuition assistance documents in order to apply payment.
- Financial aid students are responsible for payment of any tuition and fees that exceed their PELL award or scholarship.
- Application for Refund
- Any refund applicable for dropped courses will first be applied to any outstanding balance remaining on the student’s account before a check will be issued.
- Application for Refund may be completed and mailed to the Business Office, scanned and emailed to Michael.Oliver@ctcd.edu, or faxed to (254) 526-1447.
Third Time Repeat Charges
Students will be charged a fee equal to the non-resident tuition rate for any course in which the student has previously enrolled, or a course of substantially the same content and level as the one enrolled, two or more times.
If you pay your financial hold using WebAdvisor, please contact the Business Office to have the hold lifted.
Sign up through WebAdvisor under the Financial Information list.
Financial Aid Balance Checks
Balance checks are processed within two weeks of census date as federally mandated. Be advised that CTC offers courses with multiple start dates and a variety of lengths; therefore, not everyone will receive their funds at the same time.
Exemption Eligibility Appeal Process - Exemption Requirements vs Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Effective Fall Semester 2014, Senate Bill 1210 (83rd Texas Legislature, Regular Session) added the requirement that students must demonstrate Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to continue to be eligible to receive Exemptions. The Bill also establishes a limit to the number of credit hours, cumulative, that a student may take and continue to receive awards through an Exemption program. Learn more about the exemption eligibility appeal process.