Evaluated credit may be awarded only after you have successfully completed six semester hours with a 2.0 GPA. Official transcripts from any and all previously attended colleges and universities must be sent directly to CTC. We encourage student to have their official transcripts sent during their initial six semester hours of coursework. Students' copies of transcripts are not acceptable. This requirement can't be eliminated or modified.

What procedure do I follow to have my work experience evaluated?

Using the CTC catalog, determine which courses you believe to be eligible for credit consideration. Then, write a paragraph for each course you have selected, indicating how your prior work experience has given you the knowledge this course entails. Be specific and concise.

You will also need to provide your most current resume. Along with this, submit written verification on company letterhead from present and past employers stating that applicable experience with their organizations are correct and true. This may be in the format of performance evaluations.

If you are licensed in a certain profession or have certificates of completion verifying course completion, you must submit certified true copies of these documents.

What form do I need to complete?

Click here for a standardized Evaluation Request Form

Where do I mail my evaluation request form and documentation?

Central Texas College
ATTN: C&I Evaluation Department (Bldg119, Rm 217)
P.O.. Box 1800
Killeen, TX 76540-1800

How long does this process take?

After receipt of your documents, as listed above, your package is screened for completeness and sent to the appropriate department chair(s) for review. It usually takes 4 - 6 weeks.

 What kind of civilian credit can I expect to receive?

Degree-specific technical credit (i.e., CDEC, POFI, BMGT, POFT, or CJSA classes) can be awarded based on your documentation and the decision of the department chair.  A maximum of awarded credit is determined by department head. Academic classes such as Math, Science, or English cannot be awarded based upon civilian work experience.

What will I receive when my civilian evaluation is finished?

If credit was awarded, you will receive an updated degree plan. Awarded credit will have already been posted to your transcript. If there was no recommendation for award, you will receive a letter indicating the reason(s) why credit was not awarded.