WebAdvisor Technical Assistance
|Logging In||Registration||Make Payment|
|Dropping a Course||View Grades/Transcripts||Webadvisor Help|
|Error Messages||Email Change Request|
Recommended browsers for WebAdvisor:
Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge
- First Time Users
- Your permanent user id is the letter 'c' (lowercase) + your 7 digit CTC ID. Example: c7894561
- Your initial password will be your date of birth (THIS IS GOOD ONLY FOR VERY FIRST TIME USERS) (ex: mmddyy).
- You will be brought to a screen that will state that your password has expired. At this point, you will create your new password.
Creating a Password:
- Passwords must include lowercase letters and numbers between 6-9 characters but no special characters (ex: grape22)
- Avoid using names of people.
- Do not use a password that has previously been used for WebAdvisor access.
- Always refresh the page while creating a new password. You may also delete your browser cookies, history, cache.
- Password/Account Reset
- On the main menu page click on "What's My Password?" located in the top right hand corner.
- Select "I don't remember: Reset my password"
- You will come to a screen to enter your last name and social security number or CTC ID. Submit.
- Select the email to have the password sent to.
- Retrieving a temporary password and uploading a new password
- Please ensure that you check not only your inbox, but the other parts of your mail such as drafts, junk, trash, etc. for delivery confirmation.
- After you have received your temporary password, click on the "log in" tab.
- Enter your user id (the letter 'c' (lowercase) + your CTC ID)
- Enter the password delivered to your inbox.
- You will receive a message that your password has expired. Please enter a new password that you have not used in the past that is 6-9 digits long and contains both letters and numbers.
- WebAdvisor User ID Lookup
- On the main menu page click on "WebAdvisor User ID Lookup"
- An authentication process will require your last name as it appears in your CTC records, your birth date, and your social security number or CTC ID.
- Note: Your CTC ID is the first 7 digits on your student ID card:
- Account Disabled
If you receive the message that you have been locked out of WebAdvisor, there is a 10-15 minute mandatory wait time in order to go back into the system for each time the message is received (ex: 2 times you receive the message = up to 30 minute wait); In order to prevent further wait times, please wait until after the allotted time to go back into the system to reset your password.
- Go to webadvisor.ctcd.org and log in.
- Click on "Students".
- Under Academic Planning, click on "Student Planning" (see PDF walk-through)
Go to webadvisor.ctcd.org and log in.
Click on "Students".
Under Academic Planning, click on "Student Planning" (see PDF walk-through)
The last day to drop a distance learning course in WebAdvisor is the Thursday (Central Time) before the class starts. The last day to drop a classroom course in WebAdvisor is generally the last day before the semester starts. After that you must drop the class through eForms.
- Go to webadvisor.ctcd.org and log in.
- Click on "Students".
- Go to Financial Information.
- Click on "View Account and Make Payments" (see PDF walk-through)
- Go to webadvisor.ctcd.org and log in
- Click on “Students”.
- Go to Academic Profile.
- Click “Grades” or “Transcripts”.
- After selecting Transcripts, choose CR CTC Credit and Submit.
- For access or log in problems:
(Include your full name, date of birth, CTC ID, and address on file in your email for identity verification)
Phone: (254) 526-1637 or (800) 792-3348, ext.1637
- If you are receiving a registration error message, please refer to Academic Advising to determine your appropriate contact for assistance.
Errors when changing password:
You are not permitted to change your password
This error indicates you are using an incompatible browser for a password change or there is a high level of security on the system you are using. Do no use Apple products, Google Chrome, or work computers. Switch browsers or devices. Once the password change has been made you will be able to access WebAdvisor on any device or browser.
You entered an invalid username or password. Please try again.
This error indicates that you did not use the correct User ID or Old Password. Be sure to use your permanent User ID of the letter 'c' (lowercase) + your 7 digit CTC ID. The Old Password is the temporary password you entered on the first screen.
Your password was not updated. Please enter a password that is between 6 and 9 characters.
The new password is either too long or too short. Ensure that your password is no more than nine and no less than six letters and numbers.
Your password was not updated. The password must contain letters and numbers but no special characters.
Special characters or symbols cannot be used when creating a new password. Examples: @, #, %
Your password was not updated. The hint cannot contain the password.
The new password and your password hint should not match. The password hint should serve as a "reminder" of what your password is and not the actual password itself.
Your new password cannot be the same as a recently used password.
A brand new password not used on the system before should be created.
Unable to modify the password at this time. Please try again later.
This error indicates that a process is being run at Central Texas College involving your account. Examples include processing refunds, financial aid, or admissions requests. Typically these processes only take 15-20 minutes to complete so another attempt should be made after that allotted time.
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) does not allow us to process requests concerning an individual's record without their consent. FERPA rights apply to any student, regardless of age.
Please have the student/staff/faculty member send an email from their own email or call us with the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Description of the issue they are experiencing
- Error Messages, if any available
The faculty/staff member who is trying to assist a student or another faculty or staff member must include the original email with the request and an email will be sent directly to the individual requesting the assistance.
Data Protection and Privacy
Passwords limit entries to the computer system. Your password is unique, known only to the user. Memorize your password. If it must be recorded, store it in a safe place, preferably encoded so others cannot read it. It should not be taped to the terminal, keyboard, or stored inside a desk drawer. (“FERPA & Security Procedures Pg 18 of 26”)
If you would like to change/add a secondary email to your account please complete the form below. Please do not refresh your browser once the form has been submitted.