A credential is an occupational license or certification related to a specific job or skill set. Obtaining credentials can help you move forward in your Army career AND give you a head start on planning for your transition to a civilian job.
Army Credentialing Assistance is available for voluntary, off-duty training and education programs and supports the Soldier Life Cycle. For Army Credentialing Assistance, Soldiers have three options:
- Civilian Occupation Credit/Non-Credits Related
- Academic (related to an earned degree or certificate)
- MOS Related
To prepare for your course/program at CTC:
- Soldiers taking CREDIT classes must apply to the college through standard admissions procedures.
- BEFORE submitting your funding request in ArmyIgnitED, you must request a quote from Morgan Matlock so we can verify your course information and prepare for your enrollment.
- All course start dates for open-enrollment classes must fall on days that CTC Central Campus is open for business. Check the Academic Calendar for dates.
Both online and in-person credentialing options are available through Central Texas College in the following areas and locations:
Take your National Healthcareer Exam at CTC!
Why individuals choose certification with NHA: At NHA, certification is much more than a piece of paper. Our goal is to make NHA certifications one of the most trusted and valued credentials in the industry. We work to accomplish this by constantly reviewing and improving our preparation materials and testing standards. When individuals receive credentials from NHA, employers will know they have completed meaningful and rigorous work, potentially positioning them ahead of others.
NHA Exams Available at Central Campus:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A)
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
Email us to set up your NHA exam!
For all exams available at CTC, including those not eligible for Army Credentialing Assistance funding, visit Testing Services.
To determine your eligibility and request funding, contact your Education Center or Office. Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Soldiers may only request CA funding for credentials listed in Army COOL.
- Soldier is limited to one credential per earned academic degree/certificate or completion.
- Soldier must have graduated with degree; soldier cannot pursue a degree and credential for that degree simultaneously.
- Some certification exams have additional requirements that must be met in order to be eligible to test. Students should research and understand the requirements for the certifications that they choose to pursue.
or more information, see the Army Credentialing Assistance Program website.