Yellow Ribbon Program School now in effect!
Central Texas College is proud to assist veterans and military members in earning a degree or furthering their education. Veterans, dependents, and survivors of a veteran may be eligible for VA educational benefits. We are here to assist you.
Monday through Thursday
NOTICE: You must advise the Office of Veteran Services each semester/term of courses in which you are enrolled. Each time you register for courses, you must complete the CTC Veterans Enrollment Certificate, and provide it to the Office of Veterans Services via email, fax, or mail. Contact information is provided on the bottom of the form.
If you are a new student, please be sure to include:
- Certificate of Eligibility (Must have if Chapter 33), 22-1990 & 22-5490 is acceptable for all other benefits
- 28-1905 if Vocational Rehabilitation
- Degree Plan evaluated by a counselor (online students can access this via Online Mentors)
- DD-214 (if veteran)
- Transcripts (by third semester)
- Kicker Documentation (if applicable)
- 22-1995 or 22-5495 (Must have if a transfer student or if changing degree plan)
- Class Schedule (Must be registered when turning in documents)
- NOBE (If using 1606)
- ALL CHAPTERS MUST PAY FOR TUITION AT TIME OF REGISTRATION UNLESS USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION OR POST 9/11. THIS INCLUDES OUT OF STATE POST 9/11 STUDENTS WITH OUT OF STATE FEES WHO ARE NOT USING YELLOW RIBBON!
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is developing innovative ways to help Veterans make the transition to college life. The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program aims to help Veterans, and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling, leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers.
Your VetSuccess on Campus Counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA education benefits to include the Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- How to apply for and maximize your VA education benefits should you qualify for more than one benefit
- Applying for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employments (Chapter 31) services
- Transition support services to include vocational exploration and career counseling
- Information on college credit for military experience and training
- Information on applying for other VA benefits to include Disability Compensation, Life Insurance, Home Loan Guaranty and others
- Information, and referrals for VA medical & mental health services
- Referrals to the local Vet Center for readjustment counseling services
- Referrals to on-campus, community and VA resources to ensure academic success
For more information, assistance or to schedule an appointment, contact your VetSuccess Counselor at Central Texas College
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
James R. Morgan, M.S.
Bldg. 118, Room 6D
Gregory Primas, Ed.D.
Bldg. 118, Room 6F