The first step is to submit an application to CTC. Please note that Army students using Tuition Assistance will apply via the GoArmyEd Portal. The application is free and there are several ways to apply:

Online: Our online application streamlines the process. Create an account and submit via our online application

Some applicants may be required to submit residency documentation. An online mentor will go over your application with you to determine if that’s necessary.

Students who are not Dual Credit/Early Admission students who have not graduated from high school or completed the GED will need to apply for Individual Approval status to take coursework at CTC.  The application for individual approval can be found here.

Students may also print and complete the application, then submit it by mail, by fax or by e-mail:

By mail:

Central Texas College
Attention: Admissions
P.O. Box 1800
Killeen, TX 76540-1800

By fax: Attention: Online Mentors, 254-526-1481

By e-mail:

The online mentors will e-mail you once they have received and processed your application. If there is a CTC site location in your area, you may want to visit with our representatives there. Some applicants may be required to turn in residency documentation. An online mentor will go over your application to determine if that’s necessary.

More information on distance learning classes for non-Texas students is located here.


Submitting Transcripts

Once you've applied to CTC, follow the instructions found in Sending Us Your Transcripts to submit your previous credits for articulation. 


Special considerations

Returning students and reclassification

A returning student is someone who has previously taken classes through CTC. In general, you will follow the steps above if it’s been more than a year since you last attended school or submitted an application. In some cases, this may lead to reclassification.

A student initially classified as a nonresident based upon information provided in the Core Residency Questions, may petition for reclassification by providing the CTC Admissions office located at the central campus in Killeen, Texas, with supporting documentation. If a change is made based on supporting documents and information received prior to the census date of the current term, the change will apply to the current term. Otherwise, any change will apply to the first succeeding term in which the student enrolls.

Browse our catalog for more information on residency documentation requirements and reclassification of non-Texas residents (page 29-33).