Scholarship Timelines and Process
Scholarship awards are made once a year. The application portal open January 15th and closes February 28th each year.
January 15- Application portal opens for application submissions for the upcoming scholastic year that begins the following fall.
February 28-Application portal closes for application submissions.
March 1- Application review begins.
April 1- Award offers emailed to students. Students must accept offers and complete the acceptance tasks to include acceptance/denial of offer, a thank you letter, reception rsvp, board relation questionnaire, and FERPA release.
May (first week)- reception to honor the recipients.
June 1-Recipient list sent to financial aid.
July 15- Financial Aid list finalized. (No changes made beyond this date to disbursement schedule)
Aug- Funds are released for use ten days prior to the start of classes.
Mid-semester- Unused funds are pulled back from accounts and returned to the CTC Foundation scholarship accounts.
Portal open Jan. 15-Feb. 28
- Submit application through the scholarship application portal.
- Changes may be made to the application up to the closing date.
- Applications are reviewed by a review committee and scored per the rubric for the scholarship type. Each application is reviewed by two different people. Applications are assigned an id number for confidentiality and anonymity.
- Upon completion of the reviews, awards are made based on the scoring using the rubrics. Emails offers are sent out containing a link to the acceptance page on the AwardSpring website. Acceptance or refusal of the office is due to the office by April 15th.
- Refused offers will be re-awarded as they come in to the next eligible recipient. Re-award offers will be emailed at that time.
- The annual award ceremony will be held the first week of May. Information regarding the event and rsvp opportunities will be included in the award acceptance process.
- Award list for fall and spring of the coming academic year will be sent to the financial aid office on June 1st. Any changes to the award schedule due to graduation need to be made by this time.
- July 15th the financial award list is finalized for the fall semester. No changes to the award schedule can be made after this date.
- Ten days prior to the start of classes, funds will be released for use. Funds will apply according to coding set in the scholarship charter. Funds are dedicated for the tuition and book expenses at CTC and cannot be used outside of CTC.
- As long as financial aid and/or scholarships over the amount of the expenses for the semester is available, payment is not needed at the time of registration. Any amount due over the amount of financial aid or scholarships is due at the time of registration. Payments can be made through the business office.
- Scholarship funds are available for use through the middle of the semester. The unused funds will be pulled back after the middle of the semester and returned to the scholarship account they came from.
- Funds used beyond mid-semester may be subject to review and repayment by the student.