- Use alternative text "Alt Tags" to provide a description of the image
- Use important keywords in the alternative text description
- Avoid text in an image - Text on an image is just an image
- Use the image to support the content
- Avoid using large images on a page
- When to use descriptive text
- The image presents content
- The image has a function (links)
- When descriptive text is replaced with null or ""
- The image content is conveyed within surrounding text
- The image has not function
- The image is used for decoration - the image serves not purpose by not conveying a meaning
In the Image Properties window within the Alternative Text field include the descriptive text for the image.
Prickly pear cactus flowers in bloom
Additional Resource: Image text alternatives ("alt text")