Stand-alone Multimedia Courses
Stand-Alone MultiMedia (SAMM) courses are completely self-contained, allowing students without internet access to continue their education. More than than 55 courses are available that do not require access to online content during any part of the course.
These courses are self-paced. Terms start every Monday and run through Friday of the 11th week. For your convenience, you choose the term that works best for you.
If you have any questions or difficulties with the enrollment process do not hesitate to contact us at SAMM@ctcd.edu
SIX SIMPLE STEPS TO ENROLL
1. Complete the Undergraduate Application . The application must be completed by new students and prior students who have not completed a CTC course within the past year. This allows us to update your information in our system in preparation for your upcoming enrollment.
2. Based on your degree plan, peruse our course catalog to find the one you would like to take. If you are not already on a documented degree plan (a federal funding eligibility requirement), we are happy to create one for you. If you are a "visiting" student taking a SUBSTITUTE course for transfer to another school, be sure to check with your academic counselor to verify equivalency.
3. Identify the term dates that best fit your needs by browsing our term schedule.
NOTE: The term dates you list on your tuition funding voucher must match the term start and end dates listed on the Stand-Alone MultiMedia (SAMM)-NCPACE course schedule exactly.
4. Obtain tuition funding and, if required, provide your CTC degree plan and supplemental authorization paperwork to your tuition funding authority.
NOTE: Be sure to choose the correct tuition rate when submitting your voucher for approval. The SAMM Distance Learning tuition rate is $248 per credit hour. (The rate will be different if you are a bona fide Texas resident as determined by the Office of Admissions when you completed the Undergraduate Application.)
5. Complete a Registration Form for your course and attach (or email us) a copy of your approved funding voucher. If you have not yet set up secure Etrieve portal access, you can log on as a Guest with your Gmail credentials by clicking on the colorful "G" beneath the [Sign-In] button. Alternatively, clicking on the Windows icon will permit you to sign on with your Microsoft account information.
6. Order your instructional materials so that they will arrive prior to the start of your term. If you have questions about your course materials, please write to: SAMM@ctcd.edu to confirm what you need before you make a purchase.
* Withdrawal from a SAMM course follows the same institutional timeline and procedures which are available here. Contact email@example.com for additional information and paperwork that will need to be completed.
Contact us at: SAMM@ctcd.edu
We look forward to working with you!