For a printer-friendly version of this checklist, please click here.
Incomplete applications (including any missing paperwork, forms and residency documents) will not be accepted.
Step One: Meet with your high school counselor
- Determine if you qualify to take college courses. Review your 11th grade STAAR EOC scores, SAT, ACT or TSIA2 scores and compare them to the qualifying scores found in the Dual Credit Handbook. If you have not taken any of the listed tests or do not qualify based on scores, you must take a placement test. If testing is not available at your school, call CTC Testing Services for an appointment or hours of operation.
- Determine which courses you would like to take that count toward a college degree plan.
- Fill out any ISD-required forms and submit them to the counselor, if applicable.
- Fill out the forms below in steps 2-6.
- Fill out the application completely including the parent information section.
- If you are a military dependent, you may be asked to provide the required residency documents:
- For active duty: student's military ID verification form (filled out by the CTC representative), copies of sponsor's current and 12-month old LES and/or PCS orders to TX.
- Parent/guardian prior service (discharge date within the past year): DD214 member 4 copy or last active-duty LES or most current W2 forms.
- Other proof of residency documents may be required.
- Utilize this form to ensure you have met all requirements for the dual credit courses you wish to take.
- Fill out completely including high school class, college course request and signatures from the student, a parent and a school official (i.e. principal, counselor, registrar). Please use blue or black ink.
Step Four: Request and attach a copy of your high school transcripts including all test scores that qualify you to take college level courses.
- Please leave your Student ID blank. This will be your CTC Student ID.
- Please do not write below the Student Schedule portion. This portion is for Office Use Only.
- The student must sign this document, not the parent. Please use blue or black ink.
- The Student ID listed should be your CTC Student ID.
- The student and the parent must sign this document. Please use blue or black ink.
- Please spell out your school district.
Step Seven: Turn in forms to your school counselor (if taking classes at your high school) or your CTC representative
- If you are requesting to take college courses for dual credit on your high school campus, please leave all forms with your counselor.
- If you will be taking college courses for dual credit or early admissions (only college credit) on your own time and not through your ISD, please make an appointment with the CTC recruiter via email or call 254-526-1409.