For classes that start 23 April 2021 and later, HQ ACCESS is reinstating exception to policy (ETP) Tuition Assistance (TA) funding. The ETP process is still in effect for classes starting prior to 22 April 2021, as well.
Soldiers should enroll in these classes directly with CTC and notify their local CTC representative, see "Who to Call?", to request inclusion in the ETP submission.
- You must be eligible for TA (e.g., not Flagged, have TA remaining for FY) to receive this ETP TA funding. NOTE: If your ETP request is denied, you are responsible for the payment of your tuition.
- If you have questions about this ETP, you should contact your Army Education Center/Office directly or submit an ArmyIgnitED ServiceNow (SNOW) helpdesk case after ArmyIgnitED is launched.
Once the TA program is back on line in ArmyIgnitED, HQ ACCESS will suspend the ETP TA process. Soldiers must take the following steps to request ETP TA for eligible classes beginning 8 March 2021 and later:
- Soldiers must check their ArmyIgnitED TA education record to ensure that they have an approved Education Path (formerly known as a home school and degree plan).
- If an approved Education Path does not exist, Soldiers must submit an Education Path and have it approved by an Army Education Counselor and their EI within ArmyIgnitED before they can receive ETP TA. Soldiers can find a how-to-guide for submitting an Education Path in the ArmyIgnitED Soldier Help Center.
- Once an Education Path has been approved, Soldiers should submit an ETP request via an ArmyIgnitED ServiceNow helpdesk case using the “Other” case category. Soldiers should include the EI name, class catalog acronym/number, class name, and class start/end dates for all classes in the case. Soldiers whose EI submitted a list of enrollments eligible for an ETP to HQ ACCESS do not have to submit an ETP request via an ArmyIgnitED Service helpdesk case; however, Soldiers who want to verify whether their EI submitted their enrollments should submit a case requesting this information.
- The ETP request helpdesk case will be escalated to a Soldier’s assigned Army Education Center/Office. Once received, the Army Education Center/Office will verify that all required information is present in the helpdesk case and then escalate the case to HQ ACCESS for submission of the TA Request (TAR).
- After receiving the helpdesk case, HQ ACCESS will verify that a Soldier’s EI has electronically uploaded the Soldier’s enrollment file to ArmyIgnitED. This enrollment file must be uploaded before a TAR can be submitted. HQ ACCESS will contact the EI if the electronic enrollment file has not been uploaded.
- After HQ ACCESS submits the TAR, the TAR will route to the Soldier’s assigned Army Education Center/Office for approval. The Soldier will receive an email notification when the TAR has been approved.