The Texas Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified veterans, spouses and dependent children with an education benefit of up to 150 credit hours of tuition exemption at public institutions of higher education in Texas. This does NOT include living expenses, books or supply fees.
Applications now available on Etrieve to replace paper forms for the convenience of our students!
How do I apply?
- Verify you meet all eligibility criteria
- Gather all supporting documents
- Complete the Hazlewood Initial Application - available in E-Forms or at the Texas Veteran Commission website.
- Submit application with supporting documents attached to the CTC Hazlewood email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via E-Forms.
- Let the Hazlewood office know as soon as you are registered for class.
Initial Eligibility Requirements
Provided below are the basic eligibility requirements to qualify for Texas Hazlewood Act Exemption.
All students using the Hazlewood Exemption must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards as defined by the institution's Financial Aid policy. Please review Central Texas College's SAP policy.
Student Services, Bldg. 215, Room 214