The Central Texas College Eagle Aid Emergency Fund has been established to help students experiencing unexpected financial issues that would negatively affect the completion of degree or certification. Application for Eagle Aid Emergency Fund will be simple, confidential and in no way connected, tied to, or based on financial aid qualifications/criteria.
This emergency fund is to provide emergency aid grants to assist students in dealing with unexpected or unforeseen expenses, events or circumstances that would negatively impact and cause loss of momentum toward completion of their degree/certificate with Central Texas College.
***PLEASE NOTE – You MUST submit copies of utility bills, invoices, etc., that clearly show the vendor name (TXU, Reliant Energy, licensed car repair shop, etc.), vendor contact information, account number and total amount owed. There ARE limits to the amount that will be provided, based on your request.
***Payments are made DIRECTLY to the vendor. Students do not receive any money through this program. Eagle Aid will NOT cover car repairs made by family or friends. All payments will be made to a public, licensed vendor.
***Failure to provide required documentation at the time of your application will result in delay of processing your request.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student must be currently enrolled and seeking a degree, certificate of completion or Continuing Education certification from CTC. Preference for aid will go to students who have successfully completed at least 50% of the required program in a previous 2-year period and, if applicable, maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Current scholastic standing of record may be taking into consideration for calculating final GPA.
- Student must be enrolled during the term when the aid request is made.
- Student must be currently experiencing unexpected or unforeseen expenses, events or circumstances.
- Student must be at risk of being unable to continue in school due to the stated issues.
- Student may be enrolled full-time or part-time, resident or non-resident, and does not have to be receiving any other form of financial aid.
- Preference for aid will be given to students who can demonstrate forward academic progress towards certificate and/or degree completion, i.e., successfully completing majority of classes with limited dropped classes.
- Eligibility is extended to on-line students taking at least one face-to-face class on either Central, Fort Hood campus or within the CTC service area. Requests from area students in only on-line classes with extenuating circumstances will be considered based on individual need, situation and merit.
- Non-degree/certification seeking and dual enrollment students do not qualify for Eagle Aid Funds.
- Eagle Aid Funds will NOT be used to pay for differential tuition and fees, i.e. Aviation flight hours, etc.
- Student must present bills or other documentation to confirm the situation/need. They also must provide a detailed account of what the situation is and why this is considered an emergency.
- Supporting and detailed documentation may also be received from CTC faculty/staff members with details regarding situation leading to student request for aid funds.
- All requests will be reviewed by the Eagle Aid Committee.
- A degree audit and class schedule review will be done to ensure the student is taking classes, including required prerequisite or developmental courses, on the degree/certificate plan.
Eagle Aid Funds could provide funding for the following situations, however, this list is not all inclusive:
ALL funds will be paid directly to the specified company, i.e. utility company, pharmacy, automotive shop, CTC Bookstore, etc. No funds/cash/checks will be dispersed to the student.
- Utilities - one-time use per calendar year
- Does not include satellite/cable TV services, landline/cell phone service or internet service.
- Housing insecurity - one-time use per calendar year
- Unexpected medical issues - one time use per calendar year:
- Food insecurity - one time use per calendar year
- Necessary and unexpected vehicle repairs - one time use per calendar year
- Aid may also provide temporary city bus passes for students who do not live on campus.
- Student may apply for CTC books, necessary school supplies and instructional materials (does not include laptop/computer or technology supplies) that is not covered by any other state/federal/or private financial aid or loans.
- Temporary assistance with childcare services for the student’s children living in the same household as the student - one time use per calendar year
- Does not provide funds for child care provided by family members or unlicensed, inhome day care services.
- Provides funds for students who do not meet requirements for child care assistance vouchers funded through other grants or public benefits.
- Requests for coverage of CTC tuition will be considered based on individual need, situation and merit.