A credential is an occupational license or certification related to a specific job or skill set. Obtaining credentials can help you move forward in your Army career AND give you a head start on planning for your transition to a civilian job.
Army Credentialing Assistance is available for voluntary, off-duty training and education programs and supports the Soldier Life Cycle. For Army Credentialing Assistance, Soldiers have three options:
- Civilian Occupation Credit/Non-Credits Related
- Academic (related to an earned degree or certificate)
- MOS Related
Both online and in-person credentialing options are available through Central Texas College in the following areas and locations:
The Army Credentialing Assistance program provides funding for courses and exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential. Central Texas College offers many exams from these certifying agencies:
- Oracle Corporation
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- And more!
For a complete list of exams offered at Central Texas College, visit Testing Services.
To determine your eligibility and request funding, contact your Education Center or Office. Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Soldiers may only request CA funding for credentials listed in Army COOL.
- Soldier is limited to one credential per earned academic degree/certificate or completion.
- Soldier must have graduated with degree; soldier cannot pursue a degree and credential for that degree simultaneously.
For more information, see the Army Credentialing Assistance Program website.