What is a Credential?
A credential is more than just a piece of paper; it's an occupational license or certification that validates your skills for a specific job. Obtaining credentials not only enhances your Army career but also provides a valuable head start in planning for your transition to civilian employment.
Army Credentialing Assistance at Central Texas College
Our program supports the Soldier Life Cycle by offering voluntary, off-duty training and education programs. Soldiers can pursue credentials in three categories:
- Civilian Occupation Credit/Non-Credit Related
- Academic (Related to an Earned Degree or Certificate)
- MOS Related
When can I start?
Many of our online courses offer flexible start and end dates. Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates, ensuring they align with CTC Central Campus business hours.
"I've found the course I want to take, what now?"
- For Credit Courses:
Soldiers must apply to Central Texas College through standard admissions procedures. Start your application at APPLY TEXAS.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your NAME and the COURSE you want to enroll in BEFORE submitting your funding request to ARMYIgnitED. We'll verify course offerings before guiding you through the request process.
To determine eligibility and request funding, contact your Education Center or Office. Key requirements include:
- Soldiers may request CA funding only for credentials listed in Army COOL.
- One credential per earned academic degree/certificate or completion.
- Soldiers must have graduated with a degree before pursuing a credential for that degree.
- Some certification exams have additional requirements, so research and understand the prerequisites for chosen certifications.
For detailed information, visit the Army Credentialing Assistance Program on the ARMY COOL website.
[+/-] Business and Business Technology HR, Project Management...
Take your National Health Association Career Exam at CTC!
Why individuals choose certification with NHA: At NHA, certification is much more than a piece of paper. Our goal is to make NHA certifications one of the most trusted and valued credentials in the industry. We work to accomplish this by constantly reviewing and improving our preparation materials and testing standards. When individuals receive credentials from NHA, employers will know they have completed meaningful and rigorous work, potentially positioning them ahead of others.
NHA Exams Available at Central Campus:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
Email us to set up your NHA exam!
For all exams available at CTC, including those not eligible for Army Credentialing Assistance funding, visit Testing Services.