Active Duty ArmyIgnitED Students are required to submit a signed, Evaluated Degree Plan to your ArmyIgnitED Portal when applying for Tuition Assistance (TA). If you have already been evaluated and have your current Official Evaluation, that can be submitted to the portal. If don’t have the document needed to submit for TA, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-792-3348 X1722. We can assist you by providing a signed degree plan that can be submitted for your TA processing. Then you can continue with the below steps to have your official evaluation completed.
Official Evaluation Requirements
CTC awards evaluated credit for military education and experience and other non-traditional learning. Refer to the eligibility requirements and list of required documents.
- Active-duty military: Service members are must be admitted to CTC and then will be eligible to receive an official evaluation upon receipt of all official transcripts, to include the Joint Service Transcript (JST).
- Non-Active-duty/civilian: Students are required to complete six semester hours with a 2.0 (C or better) grade point average with CTC.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: ALL students must have official transcripts from any and all previously attended, regionally accredited colleges and universities sent directly to CTC before an official evaluation can be processed. Student copies of transcripts are not acceptable. This requirement cannot be eliminated or modified.
- ACTIVE-DUTY ARMY: Go to https://jst.doded.mil/ and send your official JST to Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas.
- WARRANT OFFICERS: Certified True Copy of Officer Record Brief and Officer Evaluation Report
- NAVY/MARINES/COAST GUARD: Go to https://jst.doded.mil/ and send your official JST to Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas.
- AIR FORCE: Go to https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/ and send your official transcript to Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas.
- PRIOR SERVICE: Students must submit a copy of DD 214, copies of NCOERs and certificate or DA1059 of military service schools completed. Military work experience cannot be more than 10 years old to be considered for credit.
- TESTING: In order to have CLEPS, DANTES, ASE or APP considered for credit, you must have the testing agency submit official tests results directly to CTC. If test results are listed on JST, we will take the result directly from the JST transcript. Any test results more than 10 years old cannot be considered for credit.
There are several ways to request an official evaluation.
- Click on the eforms link on the left hand side of this page. On the page that comes up, select Evaluations. There will be two selections. The second link listed will take you to the electronic log-in to Etrieve. Once you log in, in the search forms block type Evaluations. The Request for Official Evaluation will be visible. Select it and fill it out. Once you complete the form and hit submit, it will automatically be delivered to our Non-Traditional Learning office.
- If you cannot access the etrieve form, a downloadable request form is available through the first PDF link. It can be filled out, signed and emailed directly to email@example.com.
- You can contact our office directly by phone at 1-800-792-3348 ext 1317 or email to the above address and request your evaluation. Please provide your name, student ID, branch of service, email address and the degree that you would like to be evaluated for.
Evaluations are completed after receipt of all required documents and transcripts. If documents are missing or do not meet the above listed requirements, you will be notified in writing identifying the reason your evaluation cannot be processed at this time.
If you are an ArmyIgnitED student and have questions about your evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-792-3348 ext.1635. All other students with evaluation questions, we can help you at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-792-3348, ext. 1317.