Psi Beta Psychology National Honor Society
The mission of Psi Beta Honor Society is to promote professional development of psychology students in two-year colleges through promotion and recognition of excellence in scholarship, leadership, research, and community service. A student may join Psi Beta if he or she meets the requirements below.
- Completed a college psychology course with a grade of B or higher.
- Completed 12 hours of college coursework with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher, or GPA is within the top 35 percent of GPAs at your college.
- Shows interest in psychology.
- Is in good standing in the community.
- Pays the $50 one time, lifetime fee.
Phi Theta Kappa
Students who have completed at least 30 semester hours, of which 12 have to be at Central Texas College, who are currently enrolled in at least six semester hours and who meet the minimum cumulative GPA of 3.500 may be eligible for membership in the Sigma Iota Chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa, an International Honor Society of Community Colleges.
Sigma Kappa Delta
Sigma Kappa Delta National English Honor Society was established in 1996 to recognize outstanding students for their achievements in English. After having completed twelve or more semester hours of college credit, students who are initiated into the Tau Beta Chapter at CTC must be ranked in the top thirty percent of their classes in general, and they must have completed all college level English courses with a grade of "B" or better.