The Writing Center
Attention: Students submitting their papers to the Library's Writing Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be reviewed by the library's staff and have a turnaround time of 24-hours. Library staff does not monitor or review submissions to PROWL through Blackboard.
This service is available by walk-in, phone, virtually via WebEx or Blackboard, and by appointment. Periodically, special topic instructional sessions will be scheduled to cover various writing styles and avoiding plagiarism. For more information, call the Library at 254-526-1621 or email us at ReferenceRequest@ctcd.edu.
The Writing Center enables students to get assistance on all aspects of research and paper writing. Available during open library hours, check the schedule for ongoing seminars and workshops offered virtually and in person.
- Research paper guidance, direction and information
- Reviewing of papers – final draft version in MS Word format
- Five computers for use
- Collection of writing reference materials
- Work space for individuals and groups
- Two private study rooms
Other Writing Assistance Available at Central Texas College:
- The Online Writing lab is only available through Blackboard. To use the writing lab:
- Select the Organizations and Tutoring tab at the top of Blackboard.
- Select Tutoring from the list under Organization Catalog.
- Select Enroll using the drop-down menu next to ENGLISHTUTOR (The Writing Lab). (Do not click on the link for ENGLISHTUTOR. You MUST select Enroll from the drop-down menu.)
- Select Submit on the Self Enrollment page.
- The Central Texas College Academic Studio provides tutoring services, academic advising, information and resource referrals and study skills workshops.