Central Texas College is proud to assist our military community. Veterans, dependents and survivors of a veteran may be eligible for educational benefits.
Please log in to Etrieve and submit your Veterans Enrollment Certificate (VEC). This should be submitted the same day as registration to reserve your seat in courses. A new VEC is required each time you register.
Requirements for Certification:
- Certificate of Eligibility for chapters (CH30, CH33, CH35, CH1606).
- Authorization number if using Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- Active on a current degree plan evaluated by an academic advisor firstname.lastname@example.org or EaglesOnCall@ctcd.edu.
- A Parent Institution Letter from the parent school is required for Guest Students prior to approving enrollments.
- Chapters 30, 35, 1606 and 33 (benefit less than 100%) MUST submit payment in full or make payment arrangements prior to certification. Students may download the deferment request from the Texas Veterans Commission (tvc.texas.gov) and submit to the business office: ARSUS@ctcd.edu. Students will also need to request and submit the Deferment Promissory Note from the Business Office.
All certifications are processed in order by the date received. High-volume enrollment periods (Fall/Spring) may take up to 30 business days for processing, not including holidays or weekends.
Post 9/11 students should visit the VA enrollment verification website for questions regarding the verification process, or call the GI Bill Hotline at 888-442-4551.
Notify the Office of Veteran Services at email@example.com if you drop, withdraw or are disenrolled from a course. Failing to notify the veteran services department of these changes could result in the incurrence of debt by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and CTC.
To apply for your VA education benefits visit https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/.
CH 30 - Montgomery GI Bill ®
CH 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
CH 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill ®
CH 35 - Dependents Education Assistance Program
CH 1606 - REAP - Reserve Educational Assistance Program
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Texas VA Students:
Student Services, Bldg. 215, Rm. 222
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Outside Texas or Overseas:
Toll -free: 1-800-792-3348, ext. 1296
Mon - Fri: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
VETSUCCESS ON CAMPUS
Counselor, VetSuccess on Campus, Veterans Affairs