Central Texas College is proud to assist veterans and military members in earning a degree or furthering their education. Veterans, dependents, and survivors of a veteran may be eligible for VA educational benefits. We are here to assist you.
To apply for your VA education benefits in your web browser type: www.va.gov
click VA benefits and health care
click education and training
click how to apply
CH 30 - Montgomery GI Bill ®
CH 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation
CH 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
CH 35 - Dependents Education Assistance Program
CH 1606 - REAP - Reserve Educational Assistance Program
NOTICE: Each semester, you must notify the Office of Veterans Services of the courses in which you are enrolled, any dropped courses, or changes in your schedule. Failing to notify the VA office of these changes could result in the incurrence of debt from both the VA and CTC. Each time you register for courses, you must complete the CTC Veteran Enrollment Certificate.
Contact information is provided on the bottom of the form.
If you are a new student attach to VEC e-form:
- Certificate of Eligibility for all chapters (CH30, CH33, CH35, CH1606).
- 28-1905/Authorization number if Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- Official Degree plan evaluated by a counselor (students may access this via firstname.lastname@example.org or Eagles On Call Center)
- A Parent Institution Letter from parent school is required for Guest Students
- DD-214 member copy 4 (Veterans only)
- Transcripts (by close of the first semester)
- Kicker documentation (if applicable)
- 22-1995 or 22-5495 (must have if a transfer student or if changing degree plan)
- Must be registered at the time documents are turned in.
- NOBE (If using 1606)
- ALL CHAPTERS MUST PAY FOR TUITION AT TIME OF REGISTRATION UNLESS USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION (CH31) OR POST 9/11 (CH 33). THIS INCLUDES OUT OF STATE POST, 9/11 STUDENTS, WITH OUT-OF-STATE FEES WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR YELLOW RIBBON.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the Veterans Services office of any changes in your schedule; to include new or dropped courses such as times and/or location, by submitting a new Veterans Enrollment Certificate (VEC).
- All certifications are processed in the order and by date they are received.
Post 9/11 students should visit the VA enrollment verification website for questions regarding the verification process, or call the GI Bill Hotline at 888-442-4551.
Dropping courses: In order to drop courses and not affect VA payments you must follow the following steps:
Contact Registration and fill out an add/drop form
Withdraw from your class
Log on Etrieve using the student ID number and fill out a Veteran Enrollment Certificate. Please indicate if a course has been dropped or added.
Submit the form.
COVID-19 legislation that permits students to receive Military Housing Allowance (MHA) at the resident rate, while taking approved converted (online) courses, will end on June 1, 2022. When enrolling in courses after that date or any subsequent term, students will need to enroll in approved resident classes to continue receiving their MHA at the resident rate. Additionally, if a student chooses to continue approved training online after June 1, 2022, their GI Bill benefits, such as monthly housing allowance, will reduce to half the national average, and they may end up owing a tuition debt to their school.
If a student chooses to continue training online after June 1, 2022, and their course is not an approved resident class, they will not receive GI Bill benefits for their training (monthly housing allowance will stop and they may end up owing a tuition debt to their school).
**Courses affected by the expiration of this VA legislation are those that list the type of training as Remote Virtual Training (RTV) and Synchronous Virtual Learning (SVL). These courses will be certified as distance learning after June 1, 2022.**
Local Texas VA Students:
Student Services, Bldg. 215, Rm. 222
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Outside Texas or Overseas:
Phone: 254-526-1296 or 254-616-3332
Toll -free: 1-800-792-3348, ext. 1296/3332
Mon - Fri: 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
VETSUCCESS ON CAMPUS