Central Texas College is proud to assist veterans and military members in earning a degree or furthering their education. Veterans, dependents, and survivors of a veteran may be eligible for VA educational benefits. We are here to assist you.
To apply for your VA education benefits in your web browser type: www.va.gov
NOTICE: Each semester, you must notify the Office of Veterans Services of the courses in which you are enrolled, any dropped courses, or changes in your schedule. Failing to notify the VA office of these changes could result in the incurrence of debt from both the VA and CTC. Each time you register for courses, you must complete the CTC Veterans Enrollment Certificate and provide it to the Office of Veterans Services. Contact information is provided on the bottom of the form.
If you are a new student bring a copy of the following supporting documents with you to the VA office or attach to VEC eform:
- Certificate of Eligibility for all chapters.
- 28-1905 if vocational rehabilitation
- Degree plan evaluated by a counselor (online students can access this via Eagles On Call Center)
- Student Responsibilities
- DD-214 (if veteran)
- Transcripts (by close of the first semester)
- Kicker documentation (if applicable)
- 22-1995 or 22-5495 (must have if a transfer student or if changing degree plan)
- Must be registered at the time documents are turned in.
- NOBE (If using 1606)
- ALL CHAPTERS MUST PAY FOR TUITION AT TIME OF REGISTRATION UNLESS USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION OR POST 9/11. THIS INCLUDES OUT OF STATE POST 9/11 STUDENTS WITH OUT-OF-STATE FEES WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR YELLOW RIBBON.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the VA office of any dropped courses or changes in your schedule, including times and/or location, by submitting a new Veterans Enrollment Certificate (VEC).
Dropping courses: In order to drop courses and not affect VA payments you must follow the following steps:
Contact Registration and fill out an add/drop form
Withdraw from your class
Go to the VA BLDG 111 Room 222
Fill out a VA Add/Drop form (either in person or at the link listed above)
Submit the form
If you would like to know the progress on your paperwork please note this is only done on Fridays.
Local Texas VA Students:
Bldg. 111, Rm. 222
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (working remotely)
Friday: 7:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m. (working remotely)