The mission of the Oveta Culp Hobby Memorial Library is to help patrons develop the information literacy competencies that will enable them to achieve success in their academic pursuits and to become effective, lifelong information users.
Hobby Memorial Library offers a variety of services to students, faculty and staff at CTC. Listed below are just a few of the services and events we offer. Please stop by the library (Bldg. 102), call 254-526-1621 or e-mail (ReferenceRequest@ctcd.edu) for help or more information.
- The e-mail service is offered 24/7, 365 days a year. Even when the library is closed, there is a professional librarian available to answer questions. Responses will typically be sent within 24 hours of an inquiry.
- The LIVE CHAT is available during the library's open hours. Library users can type in questions and get an immediate response from a professional librarian.
- An introductory seminar is a one-hour seminar which covers databases, appropriate websites, the library catalog and citation helps. For students who are struggling, this can be a great help in finding academically appropriate resources. We recommend all students and faculty take an introductory seminar to acquaint themselves with the library's resources.
- Faculty are able to request a customized seminar tailored to instructional needs and assignments.
- Click Here to see information about our menu of seminars
TLC Room (Teaching Learning Center)
- From starting research to proofreading the final product, the Teaching Learning Center (TLC) Room is here to help.
- Drop-in hours are Monday - Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Please e-mail ReferenceRequest@ctcd.edu to request an appointment.
- This is a service available to faculty to help check student assignments for plagiarism.
- To utilize this service, please e-mail ReferenceRequest@ctcd.edu, with Academic Plagiarism in the subject line, along with your faculty identification.
- Come check out laptops and iPads in the computer lab which are for use within the library building for three hours at a time. (Only for current CTC students, faculty and staff)
- The library has more than 50 computers available for use. Priority is given to patrons with library activated CTC ID.
- Want to bring in a laptop/mobile device? The library has FREE WIFI available!
- Faxing - 50 cents per page
- Xerox copies - 25 cents per page
- Printing from lab computers - 25 cents per page
- Laminating Services - 50 cents per foot
- Scanning is free
- Connect with us on a variety of social media platforms to stay up to date on library events.
- Click Here to view our Facebook page
- Click Here to view our Twitter page
- Click Here to view our Google+ page
- Click Here to view our YouTube Channel
- Send an e-mail to ReferenceRequest@ctcd.edu set up a time to chat on Skype
- A valid CTC ID is your library card. Go to the circulation desk at the beginning of each semester and have your current semester CTC ID card activated for the library.
- Check out up to 10 books at a time for a three-week period. Books can be renewed online!
- Textbooks on reserve! Some instructors bring textbooks, lecture notes, quizzes and tests to put on reserve in the library. Students may use them for two hours at a time within the library.
- Individual/small group study rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Group study rooms can be reserved by filling out this form: Room Reservation Form
- The library has a collection of scholarly, trade and popular periodicals for browsing within the library.
Second Tuesday events
- Free events held in the library
- Open to the public
- Refreshments provided
- A dynamic, collaborative space that provides an environment where students can receive assistance with their research and information needs. The Commons combines individual and group study space, presentation areas, access to technological services and immediate in-depth reference services with the presence of professional librarians.
- A coffee bar is planned, Date of opening: To be determined.