2012 News Archive
The following news items are from the news web page during 2012. These are only the 2012 items that have been removed from the main news web page. Some of the links may no longer exist. Some of the links may have been updated with more current information. These items are presented for historical interest only. For up to date information on any of the subjects mentioned, please visit our main web pages on those topics.
- November 5-9, 2012
National Distance Learning Week
Central Texas is celebrating National Distance Learning Week November 5-9, with a variety of events and informational seminars designed to help students succeed at distance education. The following link provides some good studying tips for students. See (Note - Link no longer exists it was - online.ctcd.edu/ndlw/virtual_student) to learn more.
- 18 June, 2012
Central Texas College Europe Campus annual commencement ceremony 2012
- Central Texas College Europe Campus held its annual commencement ceremony on 18th June 2012 at CTC headquarters, Mannheim, Germany. Guest Speaker was Dr. Tom Klincar, Chancellor of Central Texas College. In addition to the commencement in Mannheim, local graduate recognition ceremonies were held at sites in Italy, Bahrain, Qatar and Afghanistan. Read More
- See all the photos at the 2011/2012 Graduation Gallery.
- June, 2012
The Central Texas College 2012-2013 International Course Catalog is now available on-line.
- Click Here to see the updated programs, degree plans, and courses now available both in the classroom and on-line.
- May, 2012
CTC chosen as a member of Texas College Credit for Heroes
- Central Texas College is one of seven community colleges in the state chosen to participate in Texas College Credit for Heroes. The program allows military veterans to earn college credits for their military experience. It also saves veterans money on tuition and gets them into the workforce faster. Texas officials explain that the program will take advantage of veterans' work ethic. The program is expected to expand to other colleges throughout the state.
- February, 2012
CTC names new chancellor
- The Central Texas College (CTC) Board of Trustees recently announced Tom Klincar, D.A., president of John Wood Community College, has been selected as the school’s next chancellor. He will replace Dr. James Anderson when he retires early next year. The selection resulted from a nationwide search with subsequent review by a CTC committee consisting of faculty, staff and administrative personnel.
“Our search yielded 34 very qualified candidates,” noted Mari Meyer, chairperson of the CTC Board of Trustees. The Board then made the difficult decision of narrowing the list to three candidates and further narrowing to one finalist, Dr. Klincar.”
Meyer added, “Dr. Klincar has the perfect mix of work experience as the leader of a community college and involvement with the military. Those factors played a large part in our decision-making process.”
Dr. Klincar has served as the president and chief executive officer of John Wood Community College in Quincy, IL since 2008. Prior to that, he served as the commander of the College for Enlisted Professional Military Education headquartered at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base in Alabama with the rank of colonel. Dr. Klincar has also served as commandant of the Community College of the Air Force – Maxwell Air Force Base, dean of academics of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) School in Germany and chief of the Doctrine and Policy Division of the Headquarters Air Mobility Command at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois.
“I am absolutely thrilled,” said Dr. Klincar. “I have spent my entire adult life being close to the military. CTC is a leader in providing educational opportunities to the enlisted men and women of our military and I look forward to carrying that torch even further. And I look forward to being a part of the central Texas community.”