Direct Pay for TDCJ
Direct Pay Procedure for TDCJ Students
Student Actions - During Registration:
- Write “Direct Pay” as the payment method on their registration form.
- Complete a Student Consent for Release of Academic Records form allowing access to their WebAdvisor account. This form must include the name of the benefactor (the person who will be paying their tuition). Through the student’s WebAdvisor account, the benefactor will have access to the student’s transcript and financial information.
Benefactor Actions – Before Classes Begin:
- Contact the Central Texas College, SAC-Gatesville office (254) 526-1977 for a WebAdvisor login name and password.
- In WebAdvisor:
- Select “1098 Electronic Consent” and choose the option to receive the 1098-T in electronic format.
- Select “Accts Payable/Stdt Refund Bank Info” and enter the account number and routing number for a bank account with the ability to receive electronic refunds.
- Select “View Account and Make Payments” and submit the necessary tuition payment.
- Students with unpaid tuition on the first day of the semester will be dropped from class.
- Only students withdrawn from a course before the certification date will be eligible for a refund. No tuition will be refunded when dropping a course after the certification date.
- The student must send CTC-Gatesville staff an I-60 request for an Application for Refund form.
- The benefactor must verify that the Refund Bank Information in WebAdvisor is correct – this is the account that will receive the electronic refund payment.
- CTC staff will process the form and the refund amount will be credited to the bank account recorded in WebAdvisor. If no account is available to receive the electronic refund, then a paper check will be mailed to the student.