A normal load is 12 to 18 hours per long semester. The academic load statuses below are based on all courses sharing the same semester class start dates. The statuses below do not apply when a student enrolls in courses with multiple start dates throughout a semester, as well as different course lengths (number of weeks).
• Full Time
- 12 or more semester credit hours during the 16-week fall or spring semester.
- 8 or more semester credit hours during the 10-week summer session.
- 6 semester credit hours per 8-week term.
- 4 or more semester credit hours per 5 ½-weeks summer semester.
• Three-Quarter Time
- 9 to 11 semester credit hours during the 16-week fall or spring semester.
- 5 semester credit hours per 8-week term.
• Half Time
- 6 to 8 credit hours during the 16-weeks fall or spring semester.
- 3 to 4 semester credit hours per 8-week term.
NOTE Students attending college with financial aid or veteran benefits assistance may be required to meet academic course load standards other than those noted above. Contact the CTC Office of Student Financial Assistance or the CTC Veteran Services Office before registering for courses.
Except as stipulated in the program of study, a student will not be permitted to enroll in more than six academic courses or more than 18 semester hours during any combination of terms within a 16-week semester. The maximum load for a 5 1/2 week summer semester is eight semester hours. The maximum credit a student can earn during the entire summer session is 14 semester hours. A student wishing to enroll in more than the maximum load must receive approval from the campus dean or his or her designee.
International students must maintain a minimum load of 12 semester hours during each regular semester (fall and spring semesters) in compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations.
2016 © All Rights Reserved.