Central Texas College confers the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Science, the Associate of Applied Science, the Associate of Arts in General Studies and certificates of completion. To graduate from Central Texas College, the student must:
• Apply for graduation by the deadline date.
• Successfully complete all courses required in the program of study.
• Complete at least 25 percent of the degree or certificate semester credit hours at CTC (to fulfill residency requirements).
• Earn at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale on all CTC coursework. All courses completed at the time the degree or certificate requirements were met are calculated in the CTC GPA, even if the courses were not used to meet specific degree or certificate requirements.
• Earn at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, which includes transfer credits applied to the degree and CTC coursework.
• Meet state, institutional, licensure and other agency rules as applicable.
• TSI-obligated students seeking an associate degree or a certificate level 2 must be TSI complete or exempt in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Catalog Program in Effect and Completion
Students may graduate in the program listed in the catalog that was in effect at the time they enrolled or subsequent catalogs if (1) the catalog is not more than five years old and (2) the program has not been discontinued. Students whose programs of study are discontinued have two years to complete the degree or certificate before the program is officially deactivated.
Graduation with Honors
Candidates for degrees conferred by Central Texas College may be eligible to graduate with highest honors or honors. Certificates of completion do not qualify for honors. To graduate with honors or highest honors from CTC, the student must:
• Have a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale with no grades below “B” on all coursework taken, which includes all CTC courses and transfer credits. Repeating a CTC credit course in which a “C” or lower grade was earned does not clear a student to graduate with honors.
• Must have a minimum of 30 semester hours of traditional study with Central Texas College. Courses with grades of “P” or developmental coursework are not considered when determining the minimum 30 semester hour residency requirement.
In any graduating class, the student with the highest GPA and who meets all other requirements above will be designated as graduating with highest honors.