Central Texas College is proud to assist veterans and military members in earning a degree or furthering their education. Veterans, dependents, and survivors of a veteran may be eligible for VA educational benefits. We are here to assist you.
Registration for the Fall 2019 semester starts Monday, May 13. In order to avoid delays in benefit payments turn in all documents (VEC, etc.) to Veteran Services Department the day you register.
Dropping courses: In order to drop courses and not affect VA payments you must follow the following steps:
Contact Registration and fill out a add/drop form
Withdraw from your class
Go to the VA BLDG 111 Room 222
Fill out a VA Add/Drop form (either in person or at the link listed above)
Submit the form
If you would like to know the progress on your paperwork please note this is only done on Fridays.
If you are a new student, please attach a copy of your:
- Certificate of Eligibility for all Chapters.
- 28-1905 if vocational rehabilitation
- Degree plan evaluated by a counselor (online students can access this via Eagles On Call Center)
- Student Responsibilities
- DD-214 (if veteran)
- Transcripts (by close of the first semester)
- Kicker documentation (if applicable)
- 22-1995 or 22-5495 (must have if a transfer student or if changing degree plan)
- Must be registered at the time documents are turned in.
- NOBE (If using 1606)
- ALL CHAPTERS MUST PAY FOR TUITION AT TIME OF REGISTRATION UNLESS USING VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION OR POST 9/11. THIS INCLUDES OUT OF STATE POST 9/11 STUDENTS WITH OUT-OF-STATE FEES WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR YELLOW RIBBON.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the VA office of any dropped courses or changes in your schedule, including times and/or location, by submitting a new Veterans Enrollment Certificate (VEC).
Local Texas VA Students:
Bldg. 111, Rm. 222
Mon - Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.