Central Texas College provides accessible and quality educational opportunities that support a diverse student population and promotes student success, completion and employability.
Central Texas College serves our diverse global community through engaging and innovative education.
Central Texas College, in meeting the educational goals and needs of students, is committed to:
- Belief in the worth and dignity of the individual
- Excellence in all aspects of operations
- Highest standards of ethical professional practice
- Accountability and responsibility in the stewardship of public trust and resources
Central Texas College is a two-year, open admissions institution which provides educational opportunities to students locally, nationally and internationally. The purpose of CTC, as set forth in Section 130 of the Texas Education Code, is to provide:
- technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees and/or certificates,
- vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled and skilled operations;
- freshman and sophomore level courses in arts and sciences;
- continuing adult education programs for occupational upgrading or cultural enrichment;
- compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
- a continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
- workforce development programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
- adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults; and
- such other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of postsecondary education in Texas.