Central Texas College’s accessible education supports student success and employability.
Central Texas College fulfills the needs of our global community through engaging and innovative education.
Central Texas College, in meeting the educational goals and needs of students, is committed to:
- Belief in the worth and dignity of the individual
- Excellence in all aspects of operations
- Highest standards of ethical professional practice
- Accountability and responsibility in the stewardship of public trust and resources
Central Texas College is a two-year, open admissions institution which provides educational opportunities to students locally, nationally and internationally. The purpose of CTC, as set forth in Section 130 of the Texas Education Code, is to provide:
- Technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees and/or certificates
- Vocational programs leading directly to employment and/ or advancement in semi-skilled and skilled operations; freshman and sophomore level courses in arts and sciences
- Adult, continuing, and community education programs for occupational upgrading or cultural enrichment
- Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students
- A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals
- Workforce development programs designed to meet civilian and military community needs
- Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults
- Library services
- A wide variety of public service needs.