Central Texas College

Fort Sill

Established in 1869, Fort Sill is rich in history and is known as the only active Army installation of all the forts built by Buffalo Soldiers during the Indian Wars. Furthermore, Fort Sill holds a title as a national historical landmark. Two influential Native Americans of the Great Plains region, Geronimo and Quanah Parker, are buried on the more than 130-year-old post. Formerly known as “Home of the Field Artillery,” Fort Sill is now recognized as the “Fires Center of Excellence” where Artillery and Air Defense Artillery (ADA) are united.

Since opening its doors on December 1, 2006, the Fort Sill site representatives serve as a point-of-contact for students and provide such services as degree mapping, registering active duty soldiers and civilians for classes, guidance to distance learning students and acting as a liaison to Veterans Affairs (VA). Hand in hand, Central Texas College and the Education Center vigorously promote lifelong learning opportunities for the betterment of our soldiers and family members.

Our Distance Education students have several options available to them for testing locations, which offer proctored computer access to examinations. Proctored examinations are available through your Central Texas College-Fort Sill site.

 


Stay Connected...