College for Kids
Date: 5/14/2016 Start Time: 10:00 AM End Time: 2:00 PM
Continuing Education and the Mayborn Science Theater will host a summer preview of its College for Kids classes, STEAM Camp and kids' matinees which will be held throughout the summer. Classes include Come Fly With Me, Slippery Slimy Science, App Inventor and Robotics. Classes in art, cooking, physical fitness, languages, science and much more are also offered. Meet the staff and instructors, tour the facilities and register for College for Kids classes early. Instructors will give hands-on demonstrations throughout the entire event. This event is free and open to the public.
College for Kids is our summer enrichment program (June through August) for children ages 3 to 18 years. The courses are designed to be fun and include lots of hands-on learning activities. Early registration is strongly recommended since classes often fill up early. Most courses have limited space in order to maximize the positive learning effects of a concentrated teacher-student ratio. As always, you may register your child at any time until the first day of class; however, early registration helps ensure your child gets into his or her class of choice. A signed waiver must accompany the registration form.
For the safety of students:
- Classes include a teacher and an assistant.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each child to his or her classroom.
- Be on time to pick up your child after class; do not park in reserved parking spaces throughout campus.
- Students are not permitted to walk across campus unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Send a snack or money for a snack with your child (especially for classes longer than two hours).
- Dress children in appropriate clothing depending on the nature of the class.
- Apply sunscreen for classes that include an outdoor component.